1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 10:401 edit
    A significant rewrite of the 'my games' page has now been made live to all.

This resulted in a short outage as games were migrated between the old system and the new one supporting folders.

This release has enabled a few features which have always been absent for technical reasons, such as opponent name search and column ordering right from the 'my games' page.

This is a first revision, with further incremental enhancements to come in the future

Anyone requiring help with the new features should consult the help forum. A dedicated thread has been created to field questions.

Thanks to the beta team for testing this in the live environment before release . (XanthosNZ, pendejo, Chakan, thire, Otis, Wildfire, Coconut, Freddie2004, KJCavalier, c99ux & MRoberts )

-Russ
  2. Joined
    07 Apr '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 10:47
    Bless you, Russ, for some long-awaited features. Whee!
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 10:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    A significant rewrite of the 'my games' page has now been made live to all.

This resulted in a short outage as games were migrated between the old system and the new one supporting folders.

This release has enabled a few features which have always been absent for technical reasons, such as opponent name search and column ordering right from the 'my gam ...[text shortened]... o, Chakan, thire, Otis, Wildfire, Coconut, Freddie2004, KJCavalier, c99ux & MRoberts )

-Russ
    Well worth it Russ.
  4. Turin, Italy
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 11:12
    Nice! Thank you. :-)
  5. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:02
    This is a great improvement.

It would be useful if we could do a search on a set of games and then manage just those games.

For example, I might want to find all my games against playerA, and then move these games to a particular folder.

It doesn't look like we can do this.
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:19
    Yes, or arrange to play first all games in a certain tournament, then in certain challenges and after that one games of another defined tournament should come by on the screen. And after the 'priority games' you get the rest in order of the last move, as it is now.
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:47
    Originally posted by Redmike
    This is a great improvement.

It would be useful if we could do a search on a set of games and then manage just those games.

For example, I might want to find all my games against playerA, and then move these games to a particular folder.

It doesn't look like we can do this.
    You can, go manage games and click search for game in the bar on the left.
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:48
    It seems to load faster than previous MyGames page. Everyone else having 100+ games in the inbox noticing this?
  9. in complete
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:52
    If you sort your current games into seperate folders (e.g. clan games, tournament games, etc.) and you see you have a couple of games waiting, if you then goto My Games is there any way at a glance you can see which folder(s) the games awaiting a move are in?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:03
    Originally posted by kody magic
    If you sort your current games into seperate folders (e.g. clan games, tournament games, etc.) and you see you have a couple of games waiting, if you then goto My Games is there any way at a glance you can see which folder(s) the games awaiting a move are in?
    I think the sub folders are best used for archiving your finished games.

You can just use the filters to manage your active games. I think it makes a bit more sense.

D
  11. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:06
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    You can, go manage games and click search for game in the bar on the left.
    OK - I was trying to do it the other way round - search and then manage.
    Thanks.
  12. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:52
    Another positive step forward for RHP. Good job, Russ.
  13. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 15:04
    I have to say that I like the features, but it seems very odd to label the page of current games "Inbox". Woulcn't "Current" or some variant of that be more logical?

Personally, I also found it suboptimal to have the box with the navigation and search to the left of essentially the same table we had before. I would prefer it above or below. As it is, it causes the page to get much wider so I will have to scroll left and right more. That's more an esthetic (or aesthetic if you prefer that spelling) judgement. I like the functionality a lot.

Paul
  14. London
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 15:34
    Thanks Russ. In particular, I like the fact that we can now organise games in folders.
  15. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 15:35
    Originally posted by prn
    I have to say that I like the features, but it seems very odd to label the page of current games "Inbox". Woulcn't "Current" or some variant of that be more logical?

Personally, I also found it suboptimal to have the box with the navigation and search to the left of essentially the same table we had before. I would prefer it above or below. As it is, it ...[text shortened]... ic (or aesthetic if you prefer that spelling) judgement. I like the functionality a lot.

Paul
    I agree, i just opened this thread to post this idea. Perhaps if the options on the left could be 'minimised' to allow the rest of the page to appear as normal. It isn't necessary to have the folder management window open all the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree