1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 07:30
    Originally posted by chuphone
    Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I have to say I don't like the changes for two reasons. The first being that I used to have all 20 games on each page displayed at once so I could easily eyeball any that were done or any that I was particularly interested in, but now I have to scroll up and down which makes the process more time consuming. If th ...[text shortened]... age so I then have to go back to page 2 or 3 (or 4, 5, etc) to find the games I want to archive.
    I agree with your second point, I noticed that too - going back to the first page of the list is not the ideal.

Russ, is there any way of coding it so that you stay on the same page when changing views?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 10:30
    Originally posted by chuphone
    The second reason is that it was far easier before to archive games. Now when I go through My Games if I don't click on Manage Games before I leave the first page then when I do click on the link I return to the first page so I then have to go back to page 2 or 3 (or 4, 5, etc) to find the games I want to archive.
    Learn to use the filters.

I presume you'll only want to archive completed games, so set your filter to only show completed games.

D
  3. Newport, DE
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 13:29
    [quote]Originally posted by BishopofPower
    One question, well its sorta a question and a statement.

Archiving. There USED to be a little box I could check when I won/lost a game and the game would go to my archives. I've recently (within the past half hour) both won one gam and lost another, and that little archive box is missing. The games are remaining int he 'My Games' page

My ...[text shortened]... ot unreasonable.

(I still think "Inbox" is an odd name for the non-archived games.)

Paul[/b]
    Much abliged, thanks for the assist. That plan works ^_^ And as a side note, now that my problems solved, thanks Russ, you rule.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 18:23
    I will add a 'quick archive' icon tomorrow to send an individual game from the inbox to the default archive folder.

I suspect this will solve many people's remaining problems, as they need not bother themselves with folders if they do not want to.

-Russ
  5. Canada
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 19:35
    Great work Russ! Glad to see you keep thinking about improvements. I didn't read all the comments so I hope I am not repeating something already discussed.

1. I can't archive a completed game right now or perhaps do not know how to anymore.
    2. I would like to sort by my games that are digging into my time banks. This way I can play moves for those first. Very useful when you have 200 games going.
    3. Is it possible to allow a PGN export of completed games?
    4. Can we work on two functions: one for sorting your games and one for filtering? These are two different functions. When I have 200 games going it is nice to filter to a particular tournament or player or games in time bank.
    5. Last item that would be nice is to be able to sort by tournament name.
    6. Would it be possible to allow user create tournaments, leagues, or ladders? Not that there are not enough opportunities to play games but it would be nice to be able to host your own tournaments for friends etc. Also, it would be great to be able to export complete tournament crosstables and game scores (move lists).

Anyway, these are just ideas. I am very happy with the site and it's functionality as it is. It is a great place to play chess period.
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 21:21
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will add a 'quick archive' icon tomorrow to send an individual game from the inbox to the default archive folder.

I suspect this will solve many people's remaining problems, as they need not bother themselves with folders if they do not want to.

-Russ
    That will be good.

After two hours getting more irritated than a phone call to BT I have balanced my games in progress on the my games page with the figure in my profile.

Realising I could click on "put in folder" was a great help!

Sorting by timebank is surely the next logical step.
    If you could have an "all" filter which put games requiring your move first followed by games requiring the opponent to move.

This site is still a wonderful place.
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 01:14
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    That'll be real nice... especially since I've been dancing in circles here trying to archive only certain games. SOme games I want to keep in my main listing to remind me not to fall into those openings again.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 12:50
    Originally posted by Maroczy

6. Would it be possible to allow user create tournaments, leagues, or ladders? Not that there are not enough opportunities to play games but it would be nice to be able to host your own tournaments for friends etc. Also, it would be great to be able to export complete tournament crosstables and game scores (move lists).
    Stay tuned for an announcement about this soon.

I will put a few ideas out for consultation.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree