Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    11 Jun '09 14:26 / 3 edits

iphone.redhotpawn.com

The iPhone interface just provides the core functionality of the site - making moves on waiting "inbox" games, and messaging. Hopefully it will prove useful to the iPhone users out there who will find the interface preferable to the standard Web interface on such a small low resolution screen.
  2. 12 Jun '09 01:33
    I have played about 150 games on my iPhone. I can testify that the interface works nicely on the iPhone. It makes it easy to play at work during lunch (where the firewall blocks RHP)
  3. 18 Jun '09 21:00
    Won't let me log in.
  4. 21 Jun '09 16:29
    I've got a Samsung soul and have been able to use the main RHP site to make moves, but the iPhone page doesn't work for me.
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Jun '09 19:14
    Originally posted by jaryvan
    I've got a Samsung soul and have been able to use the main RHP site to make moves, but the iPhone page doesn't work for me.
    Unfortunately, the iPhone code uses proprietary Apple javascript code which will prevent it working on other mobile devices. This may change though, as only a few additions will make it work just fine on other devices, such as Android phones.
  6. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    25 Jun '09 23:40
    I wonder which one of these platforms is going to be the Betamax? I suspect the iphone will be around a while if the ipod is anything to go by...
  7. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    28 Jun '09 23:14 / 1 edit
    Alerted

skeeter

..not yours MR.Lee, the one that is now gone
  8. Subscriber dinc168
    no where man
    07 Jul '09 05:54
    For subs only.
  9. Standard member randolf
    Emperor
    14 Jul '09 20:57
    I can log on, see the menu, go to my games, select an opponent but on the last page I cannot see a board!Do I need to change any settings on my phone?

Thanks
  10. Standard member MrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    14 Aug '09 01:47
    Originally posted by Russ

[b]iphone.redhotpawn.com

Hey Russ:

I logged in to iphone.redhotpawn. But, I never was able to get the client installed on my ipod touch. I looked for it in itunes, but didn't see it there, either. :-(

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks! :-)

John :-)
  11. Standard member MrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    14 Aug '09 01:48
    Originally posted by randolf
    I can log on, see the menu, go to my games, select an opponent but on the last page I cannot see a board!Do I need to change any settings on my phone?

Thanks
    Yeah, that's what happened to me, too. :-(
  12. Standard member drdon
    His Mateship
    18 Aug '09 03:07
    Does RHP run well on Blackberry?
  13. 03 Sep '09 21:08
    Great!

I now make several moves every day, on the subway to and from work.
  14. 05 Sep '09 14:40
    Originally posted by drdon
    Does RHP run well on Blackberry?
    BUMP for the answer please Russ.

I got the blackberry storm, how user friendly is it on there?

Cheers
  15. Standard member menace71
    Can't win a game of
    07 Sep '09 05:27
    I play from my Samsung Instinct works great. A few of the site features don't function but other than that I make moves at work.

Manny