1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 05:27
    I play from my Samsung Instinct works great. A few of the site features don't function but other than that I make moves at work.

Manny
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 14:06
    Originally posted by rmacken
    BUMP for the answer please Russ.

I got the blackberry storm, how user friendly is it on there?

Cheers
    mobile.redhotpawn.com is your best bet.

I did try with a Storm emulator, and it seemed ok, even if no where near optimal.

mobile.redhotpawn.com is about to be superseded by proper light weight mobile interface though, which replicates what is available on the iphone. (Just a collection of the essential features). It is not intended to replace the website, but just allow you to catch up with games and messages from the mobile device with the least possible fuss.
  3. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 00:58
    Originally posted by Russ

[b]iphone.redhotpawn.com

The iPhone interface just provides the core functionality of the site - making moves on waiting "inbox" games, and messaging. Hopefully it will prove useful to the iPhone users out there who will find the interface preferable to the standard Web interface on such a small low resolution screen.[/b]
    Awesome.
    I found this after another user posted in the help forums and was referred there. Works great, it's light so it loads massively quick even when on cellular network. Took a couple uses to get used to the new interface,
    but now I play on there more often than at home.

Thank you for all your work.
  4. Joined
    15 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 06:181 edit
    I only have a "Trac-Phone", it is for making calls in an emergency situation when I'm on a trip away from home, or when I am out expecting to meet the kids and might have to get or make a call to them. My phone is for my convience. No photos, no video, no apps. Just a phone, and with the loss of
    public phones (When was the last time you saw a phone booth, or a phone hanging on a wall in puiblic), I might take it with me more often, just to have it if I need it.🙄
  5. Standard memberhowardstew
    Darth Howie
    Corporate Sector
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 15:15
    my favorite feature while playing on Time for Chess is the Analyze Board feature. Is this available when playing on the iPhone? I'm considering buying a new phone.
  6. Long Beach, CA
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 04:44
    I'm slow to the party here, but I'd like to say how much I dig the iPhone version and thank Russ and all the testers who helped put this together.

Another reason this site is far away the best chess joint on the interwebs.

Cheers,
    KMT
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 23:541 edit
    Originally posted by howardstew
    my favorite feature while playing on Time for Chess is the Analyze Board feature. Is this available when playing on the iPhone? I'm considering buying a new phone.
    I used my iPhone for Time for Chess: it works with the full site despite being painfully small. Pleased as I am with the new application, I miss the analyze feature a lot and also would like the option to review ongoing games while it is my opponent's move. Maybe there's a reason - like keeping it simple. I can live with it. I wonder if I'm the only player who plain dislikes the Red Hot Pawn image though - it seems tasteless to me. I want Time For Chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree