Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Dec '05 21:56
    A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

    The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

    -Russ
  2. 25 Dec '05 00:14
    Why the outage during the very period when people are fed up post Christmas and many people are on holiday. Why not do it early in January?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Dec '05 10:22
    Most people play at work. The site will be relatively lightly loaded during this period, and we need to get this update done ASAP. (It has been delayed long enough already.)

    -Russ
  4. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    25 Dec '05 22:44
    Thanks for the heads up.
  5. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    26 Dec '05 01:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

    The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

    -Russ
    Perfect,I'll be sleeping during all the outage, so no problem here!
  6. Standard member KJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    26 Dec '05 11:49
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Perfect,I'll be sleeping during all the outage, so no problem here!
    works for me, I can use the break!
  7. 26 Dec '05 17:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

    The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

    -Russ
    Tomorrow is going to be a very boring day at the office.
    *traces blade along wrist*
  8. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    26 Dec '05 17:59
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Tomorrow is going to be a very boring day at the office.
    *traces blade along wrist*
    Get the pgn's of your games sent to you now.

    That way, tomorrow you can look at the games that you've been putting on the long finger, offline.

    D
  9. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    27 Dec '05 09:18
    Originally posted by Russ
    A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

    The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

    -Russ
    From the deep south, going by the site downtime it looks like you started early but as at 27.12.05 2215 hrs nzdst ( thats 26.12.05 0915 hrs GMT ) and after re-loading the desktop shortcuts all is well.

    skeeter
  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Dec '05 09:34 / 1 edit
    The upgrade is complete! (And it did happen earlier than planned.)

    All appears well, and the downtime was minimal.

    REALLY big 'thank you's to everyone who tested the beta since we kicked off the process in mid-November. Your help was much appreciated.

    -Russ
  11. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    27 Dec '05 10:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    The upgrade is complete! (And it did happen earlier than planned.)

    All appears well, and the downtime was minimal.

    REALLY big '[b]thank you
    's to everyone who tested the beta since we kicked off the process in mid-November. Your help was much appreciated.

    -Russ[/b]
    More feedback. Page load/refresh is super fast. Best ever. Is it my imagination or are the graphics sharper as well?

    skeeter
  12. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Dec '05 10:23
    No change to the graphics, but the site will be very quick because of the upgrade and the light loading at the moment.

    -Russ
  13. 27 Dec '05 11:30
    Well done Russ, everything seems to be running smoothly.

    It is just strange not having to access the site via the beta address now!
  14. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Dec '05 11:46 / 1 edit
    I will be closing the beta site in the next hour, so everyone is aware the test is over.

    Big thanks to (in no particular order) :

    Zakkwylder
    MRoberts
    Freddie2004
    Wildfire
    Wulebgr
    Yashsr
    Wheely
    Ark13
    Aiko
    mrmist
    XanthosNZ

    I hope I haven't missed anyone (likely), so apologies if I did.

    -Russ
  15. Standard member KJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    27 Dec '05 11:57
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will be closing the beta site in the next hour, so everyone is aware the test is over.

    Big thanks too (in no particular order) :

    Zakkwylder
    MRoberts
    Freddie2004
    Wildfire
    Wulebgr
    Yashsr
    Wheely
    Ark13
    Aiko
    mrmist
    XanthosNZ

    I hope I haven't missed anyone (likely), so apologies if I did.

    -Russ
    just me but thats ok