1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 11:062 edits
    Over the next 7 days we will be introducing new servers. We will also be upgrading numerous software components at the same time. This process will inevitably result in an extended outage during the switch over period.

Timeouts will be disabled during this period, and there will also be timebank compensation for all games.

No details on timings quite yet, but we are very keen to migrate as soon as the hardware is available to us to resolve a few critical problems we have experienced recently. Site performance should also benefit.

Further details here as they become available, but a message broadcast will be made to all persons once the details are finalised.

-Russ

edit : Software updates will not introduce any new features, sorry.
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:41
    When will the clan loyalty indicator be implemented?

Thread 81327
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 13:25
    Soon(ish) but our focus is on getting the server update released and some stability updates live before attention shifts to things like that.

-Russ
  4. Joined
    19 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 01:53
    hey you guys are awsome, i cannot comprehend how much work is going on whereeveryour are. so thanks

how can one set up a program to delete all whines, complaints for at least two weeks so you can go home and get some sleep or beach time.

thanks 🙂
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 01:582 edits
    Thanks, you are very kind. It would have been nice to have avoided the current problems we are having altogether.

Beach time sounds nice though 🙂

-Russ

edit : as does sleep 😴
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 04:00
    Server upgrades incoming

Whenever I hear the word "incoming", I grab my helmet, jump into the foxhole, and wait for the **** to hit the fan! 🙄🙄🙄

Keep up the good work improving RHP!
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 10:15
    Thanks Russ - appreciate it.
  8. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 13:56
    Thanks Russ! Much appreciated as always!
  9. Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 15:43
    I'm in the computer SW and IT business (likely as are many other RHP users/subscribers), and I specifically know what it takes to keep a large critical 24x7 site up and operational. You guys are doing a fantastic and very professional job. Kudos!!
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 16:05
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    When will the clan loyalty indicator be implemented?

Thread 81327
    Yes, it's obviously much more important to have a little graphic indication which shows loyalty to a childish concept on a website than actually being able to access that website.

Russ, any chance that an attacker might be behind these problems? Database corruption, DOS, etc?

D
  11. Standard memberWiabj
    The Black Swan
    Oss
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 17:37
    Hi Russ,

You are doing a great job. Keep on the good work!

Thanks,

Wim

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree