Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    19 Apr '07 09:03 / 1 edit
    To prevent stalled siege challenges, they will now automatically progress each night, where possible. It is still possible to start them manually if you really want to dive into the next waiting game right away.

    -Russ

    [edit] Games will also timeout automatically 2 weeks after a timeout becomes available.
  2. 19 Apr '07 13:35
    Thanks a lot Russ. That one has been bothering me.
  3. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    20 Apr '07 13:33
    Wouldn't it be (a bit more) fun to mention the longest streak of holding one of the siege boards in one's profile?

    It would probably say something like: "Longest streak of the 7 day Siege board: 0 days", but still it can be nice for those who actually hold it for days and days, and to give people a goal, trying to reach futher in every try. The sieges just seem to be to unnotewothy now.
  4. 02 Aug '07 09:16
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Wouldn't it be (a bit more) fun to mention the longest streak of holding one of the siege boards in one's profile?

    It would probably say something like: "Longest streak of the 7 day Siege board: 0 days", but still it can be nice for those who actually hold it for days and days, and to give people a goal, trying to reach futher in every try. The sieges just seem to be to unnotewothy now.
    I agree...
  5. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    03 Aug '07 04:24
    Originally posted by Russ
    Games will also timeout automatically 2 weeks after a timeout becomes available.
    Out of curiousity, why isn't it only two days, like tournament timeouts?
  6. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    03 Aug '07 16:11
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Wouldn't it be (a bit more) fun to mention the longest streak of holding one of the siege boards in one's profile?

    It would probably say something like: "Longest streak of the 7 day Siege board: 0 days", but still it can be nice for those who actually hold it for days and days, and to give people a goal, trying to reach futher in every try. The sieges just seem to be to unnotewothy now.
    Instead of longest time period, why not longest stretch of wins...it will note your record amount of opponents failed to siege your board instead of how many days record, which can be manipulated. Wouldn't be a bad idea
  7. 06 Aug '07 00:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    To prevent stalled siege challenges, they will now automatically progress each night, where possible. It is still possible to start them manually if you really want to dive into the next waiting game right away.

    -Russ

    [edit] Games will also timeout automatically 2 weeks after a timeout becomes available.
    What is a siege?
  8. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    06 Aug '07 04:02
    Originally posted by kenan
    What is a siege?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/siege/index.php

    Have you ever heard of "King of the Court"? A siege is pretty much king of the board. There is a list of people in a siege board waiting to play whom ever is defending the board (always black). If the challenger defeats or draws to the "King of the Board", they get knocked off the board and the challenger becomes the "King of the Board".
  9. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    07 Aug '07 04:10
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Out of curiousity, why isn't it only two days, like tournament timeouts?
    Anyone?
  10. 08 Aug '07 12:20
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Out of curiousity, why isn't it only two days, like tournament timeouts?
    Because Russ says so!!

  11. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    09 Aug '07 06:11
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Because Russ says so!!

    Gosh I'm so out of it...