1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 14:2510 edits
    A new version of RedHotPawn.com will be released soon with an improved interface better suited to the variety of devices people now use to access the site.

We have adopted a "responsive" approach, so the site will work on all devices, from iPhone to Desktop. It is an evolution of the old design, so the change should not be too dramatic for most desktop users, but mobile and tablet users will get the most benefit.

We will be dropping support for older browsers though, so IE8 users, please migrate to either Firefox, Chrome, IE9+ or any other modern browser.

Some screen grabs

Note : All existing sets and board design combinations are still supported

Play on mobile

Play on desktop

Review game on mobile

Review game on small desktop/small tablet

Player Profile

My Games mobile

Clan Home
  2. Joined
    23 Mar '14
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 14:57
    I'm very sorry:I speak badly English,and therefore I did'n well understood what you mean by,and what you intend to do,with the "Site update incoming".
    Please,what shell I do,CONCRETELY? I play from PC,Mozilla Fairfox (if this had an importance-I don't know).
    And,ONLY IF IT IS POSSIBLE,please write to me in French or German.
    I repeat,sorry,I don't know what I have to do.
    Thank you very much for the hoped understanding and for your help!
    With respect and thanks,Emil Constantinescu
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '15
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:14
    D'après ce que je ai lu , vous devriez être ok avec Mozilla Firefox. Je suis Anglais.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:14
    Originally posted by Constantinescu Emil
    I'm very sorry:I speak badly English,and therefore I did'n well understood what you mean by,and what you intend to do,with the "Site update incoming".
    Please,what shell I do,CONCRETELY? I play from PC,Mozilla Fairfox (if this had an importance-I don't know).
    And,ONLY IF IT IS POSSIBLE,please write to me in French or German.
    I repeat,sorry,I ...[text shortened]... much for the hoped understanding and for your help!
    With respect and thanks,Emil Constantinescu
    Sorry for using English! I think you are ok using Firefox, just Internet Explorer 8 is bad.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:20
    Under screen grabs (play on desk top) the board and pieces shown are hideous IMO.
    Please assure me we will still be able to have the same wide variety of options for choosing piece and board style as well as color schemes as before.
  6. Joined
    27 Mar '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:27
    Couldn't agree more - that was my first reaction. I hope the chess piece design is optional!

Otherwise. I have been using the site for years both on desktop and mobile (android) and never had any problems - so I hope the changes are not too radical.

Cheers to a great product.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Under screen grabs (play on desk top) the board and pieces shown are hideous IMO.
    Please assure me we will still be able to have the same wide variety of options for choosing piece and board style as well as color schemes as before.
    All sets and board varieties are available as before.

The only difference is you now select a maximum board size - the board will be shown as large as possible on any device, up to this preferred size.

Foolishly, I didn't give much consideration to the currently selected set for these screen grabs - a note has been added to the original post.
  8. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:38
    Any idea when this change-over take place? I'm afraid this will mean my departure from RHP, as I can't use any other operating system other than IE8(Firefox especially as that will crash my computer), and I don't own or use any of those hand-held devices.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:39
    Originally posted by Russ

The only difference is you now select a maximum board size - the board will be shown as large as possible on any device, up to this preferred size.

Foolishly, I didn't give much consideration to the currently selected set for these screen grabs - a note has been added to the original post.
    Whew ! That's a relief.
    Thanks for the reply Russ. And congrats on having such a great site.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:44
    It all sounds excellent. I'm sure.

However, what I need is an app for the Iphone which remembers my bloody password and inlog name.

I, nowadays, play mostly on the iphone; not because I like this crapple rubbish, but it's my work phone and I hardly have any time.
    So, during a meeting or a toilet break, I want to mKe a move or two... And it takes me longer to log in than to make a move.

This is as irritating as being fed spiders instead of a big Mac.

Once upon a time, in a Dutch galaxy far, far away, the iphone remembered passwords. It does so, oh, since way before you's were born, no more.

Now facebook... The app... It does remember that you're logged in... So in an app it must be possible.

So... Can it be done?

Cheers!
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:46
    Originally posted by sundown316
    Any idea when this change-over take place? I'm afraid this will mean my departure from RHP, as I can't use any other operating system other than IE8(Firefox especially as that will crash my computer), and I don't own or use any of those hand-held devices.
    Is Chrome not an option for you?

Get Chrome

If you are stuck on Windows XP, this is an option.
  12. Joined
    04 Oct '13
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:49
    Chess piece design is currently optional - I can't imagine that they'd take that away.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:50
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It all sounds excellent. I'm sure.

However, what I need is an app for the Iphone which remembers my bloody password and inlog name.

I, nowadays, play mostly on the iphone; not because I like this crapple rubbish, but it's my work phone and I hardly have any time.
    So, during a meeting or a toilet break, I want to mKe a move or two... And it takes me ...[text shortened]... r that you're logged in... So in an app it must be possible.

So... Can it be done?

Cheers!
    You should remain logged in. I have an iPhone 4 and 5 for testing (both with latest iOS patches) and do not have this problem.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:50
    Originally posted by Russ

Great news, Russ. Will my IE10 be compatible?
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 15:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Great news, Russ. Will my IE10 be compatible?
    Internet Explorer 9 and above will be fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree