1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 08:561 edit
    @sammyj said
    But Conditional Moves seems very broken. I launch it and the board is blank. I hit Reset... and the pieces appear. I can move an opponent's piece but not make a move of my own.

I use Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop and the browser is up to date. However I checked and it works on IE.
    I've failed to reproduce this.

Win 10 / "Google Chrome is up to date Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

Anyone else? If so, please post Chrome build you are using (From Help menu in Chrome)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 09:021 edit
    Good job, Russ!

Looking good on my Kindle Fire HD8. Screen proportions are perfect.

I love that the forum improvements render similar to the PC version now. I hated how it was so different before.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 09:21
    Looks good! Thanks for the updates!
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 09:311 edit
    Hi Russ,

I notice that clicking on a player's name opens the profile in a separate window. Nice idea, but not followed through to its wow! consequence. As is, the separate window is immovable and blocks the primary window. Wow! would be a movable separate window which I could drag to my second monitor and keep open simultaneously with the primary window.

(Not relevant on mobile devices, I know, but would be nice to have on a desktop computer.)

Header images are different now; must find one that fits the new dimensions.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 10:333 edits
    Now testing Firefox 61.0.2 64-bit in Win 8.1.

Thanks for the font size feature! This does not seem to be available on Apple devices (so far tested Mac desktop computer, iPad, iPhone6S, iPhone 8); is this intentional?
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 12:35
    @moonbus said
    No text misalignment issues, as on iPhone 6S above. Seems to be resolved with better screen resolution.
    I suspect this is the result of using the "display zoom" mode on IOS. This will be investigated, but turning off display zoom should resolve the issue for now.
  7. SubscriberD4V
    Hard Spanker
    Verona, Italy
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 13:35
    Good job!
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 15:17
    The clock needs work. When the middle color is small it just over runs the next one.. Outside of that it all looks pretty good.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:35
    @russ said
    I suspect this is the result of using the "display zoom" mode on IOS. This will be investigated, but turning off display zoom should resolve the issue for now.
    <zoom>=1
    screenshots <standard>=1 in transit.
  10. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:39
    My rating just doubled! Thanks Russ 🙂
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:42
    @moonbus said
    Now testing Firefox 61.0.2 64-bit in Win 8.1.

Thanks for the font size feature! This does not seem to be available on Apple devices (so far tested Mac desktop computer, iPad, iPhone6S, iPhone 8); is this intentional?
    Update: no glitches found on Firefox 61.0.2 64-bit in Win 8.1.

The missing font button persists in iOS mobile devices, both zoomed and standard mode. The font button appears on the Mac desktop computer when the Safari zoom factor is reduced enough (Apple -), disappears when zoom factor increases (Apple +). Screenshots in transit.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:57
    @moonbus said
    Update: no glitches found on Firefox 61.0.2 64-bit in Win 8.1.

The missing font button persists in iOS mobile devices, both zoomed and standard mode. The font button appears on the Mac desktop computer when the Safari zoom factor is reduced enough (Apple -), disappears when zoom factor increases (Apple +). Screenshots in transit.
    Thank you for doing further testing.

The font scaling option is deliberately dropped on smaller screens because the page layouts become completely unmanageable if scaled.

This is why the IOS zoomed mode needs a little more work.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 17:52
    @russ said
    Thank you for doing further testing.

The font scaling option is deliberately dropped on smaller screens because the page layouts become completely unmanageable if scaled.

This is why the IOS zoomed mode needs a little more work.
    Internet users are increasingly mobile users, and I appreciate that it is a herculean task to keep up with all the different mobile devices on the market. No doubt your server stats reveal which devices and browsers are the most common visitors to RHP, and of course, you have to code for the thick part of the bell curve, not the two or three people using OS/2 or QupZilla.

Preliminary indications are that both QupZilla and Opera work as expected (including conditional move feature).
  14. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:51
    Yes, After these changes, I don't seem to be able to make conditional moves now.
  15. SubscriberRomie Dread
    Hip-Hop Poet
    District 9
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 20:122 edits
    Conditional moves screen shows only a blank board, no pieces, resetting or restarting the program does not resolve the issue. Icon to the left of the RHP title, that shows up on the bookmarks bar, looks like a blank folder, instead of the RHP icon that had a yellow background & a black knight. Using Google Chrome on Windows 10, desktop, Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree