Originally posted by white boy bob
    This is becoming extremely annoying.
    The suspension will be lifted shortly.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 15:51
    The timeout suspension has now been lifted.

For subscribers who we identified as being potentially affected (using IP address and their recent movement record - we believe we were quite accurate with this too), we have booked 5 days holiday.

Apologies to all for the inconvenience.
  3. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 23:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    During a freaking hurricane, with power out to the entire city/region?

Looking to take advantage, I suspect.

Have you no empathy, man?

Oh, wait... sorry I asked.
    First off, I live in U.S.. Power is out in many cities/regions across the country at any given time for more reasons than a hurricane; earthquakes, tornadoes, heavy wind storms, heavy rain storms, ice storms and human error. This particular hurricane just happened to be extremely publicized within the media. Second, empathy has nothing to do with this chess site, or a chess game. Finally, I just stated my opinion.

I'm not looking to take advantage of anything. I'll play anyone in a chess match. With any time controls.

Did you use your brain before you made this post?

Oh, wait...sorry I asked.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:33
    Hey, folks, this is an internet chess site, is all the aggro really appropriate here? Let it go, please!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 13:56
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Hey, folks, this is an internet chess site, is all the aggro really appropriate here? Let it go, please!
    Some reality from Kewpie. Why can't people see this for what it is: It is a nice gesture from RHP and doesn't really adversely affect anyone else. But in the end if you have no power, perhaps no water, or even a house, then I am sure they are not worrying about losing some chess games.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 16:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree