1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:53
    Originally posted by bosintang
    Brilliant. Chalk one more up for RHP.

I have a couple of questions though:

1) Can players still move during their vacation days? How about players who move against them, are those moves sealed?

2) What exactly happens? Does the timeout period stop, or continue to deplete down (meaning the player has to move before the vacation period actually ...[text shortened]... le don't casually dip in and dip out of their vacation days? (A minimum amount of time maybe?)
    1) Players on vacation and their opponents can continue to move. It is only protection from timeout for a fixed number of days, nothing more.

2) A player must clear down games at risk from timeout before their vacation ends. Removal of the vacation flag will end any protection. The vacation page help will be updated to make this clear.

3) People can use their days as they please.

-Russ
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:55
    Originally posted by woodworm
    Can players still move during their vacation days? How about players who move against them, are those moves sealed?
    This is now covered in my post above.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:56
    Can you unbook before and during your vacation?
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:56
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    [b]THIRTY SIX DAYS A YEAR?

That's WAY too much.

This extraneous feature is going to completely bog the clan leagues down and I would really like to see that it is not applied to league games.

Russ, how did you come up with 36 days? It's ridiculous enough as it is, why go to such an extreme with the number of days?[/b]
    Well, in civilized european countries, it happens that we do have 38 vaccation days a year, no including holidays! Thanks to Russ for considering that we may be away for weeks! 😉
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 10:58
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    Can you unbook before and during your vacation?
    Once a vacation period has started, it cannot be removed.

If you are in any doubt, book vacation in smaller sequential blocks.

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:00
    Originally posted by pruliere
    Well, in civilized european countries, it happens that we do have 38 vaccation days a year, no including holidays! Thanks to Russ for considering that we may be away for weeks! 😉
    The vacation days are inclusive of time required to catch up on all waiting games too, so it is not as long as it may initially appear.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:01
    An edit to my initial post and chess host message :

All existing vacation flags will be removed on the switch over to the new system. Where vacation has been booked, flags will then be re-instated.
  9. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:09
    In some countries, like Sweden, people normally take a vacation of 5 weeks during *the summer*. That excludes all other weeks of vacation of the year... so the new vacation limit barely covers a regular summer vacation.
  10. Standard memberbosintang
    perpetualEditMonkey
    Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:121 edit
    Edit: Oops...already done.
  11. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:15
    This is all very corporate. It reminds me of a time when I was still wearing suits. Russ, do we have to wear suits now? Or post pictures of ourselves wearing suits? Or just pictures of suits perhaps? You can only take your jacket off when you have booked your holiday and the vacation flag is showing.

Has anyone read Eric by Terry Pratchett? What's next? Bureaucracy? Before submitting a move you have to fill out a form in triplicate.

Hey, only kidding. This is an excellent site. Keep up the good work!
  12. Standard memberbosintang
    perpetualEditMonkey
    Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:231 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:28
    Originally posted by klopdisselboom
    This is all very corporate. It reminds me of a time when I was still wearing suits. Russ, do we have to wear suits now? Or post pictures of ourselves wearing suits? Or just pictures of suits perhaps? You can only take your jacket off when you have booked your holiday and the vacation flag is showing.

Has anyone read Eric by Terry Pratchett? W ...[text shortened]... a form in triplicate.

Hey, only kidding. This is an excellent site. Keep up the good work!
    This is one of these features that some dislike (and are very vocal about it), but the majority want. We receive plenty of feedback asking about it. Also, we did a consultation [voteid]13[/voteid] at the tail end of last summer. This is when most people feel the pain after returning from a vacation and find their rating just took a major slide....

-Russ
  14. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is one of these features that some dislike (and are very vocal about it), but the majority want. We receive plenty of feedback asking about it. Also, we did a consultation [voteid]13[/voteid] at the tail end of last summer. This is when most people feel the pain after returning from a vacation and find their rating just took a major slide....

-Russ
    Hey, one's man summer is another man's winter...

No seriously, thanks for this excellent site.
  15. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 11:43
    Originally posted by pruliere
    And in France? 😉

Well, in civilized African countries...

Sorry I forgot what I was about to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree