Zero tolerance of cheats

Zero tolerance of cheats

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

Originally posted by Coconut
his rating graph suggests that he cheated for a period of time, which is against the rules. They must have done analysis on those games and found a significant matchup rate.

User 72095

Looks like he was suddenly granted magical skills overnight, then forgot them again, then got them for even longer. It's pretty obvious by looking where he was cheating.
maybe he started to stufy chess book like katty 🙂

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Reposted from the General Forum regarding Dom:

Look at his list of games, pages 4 and 5. He's rated around a 1000 on July 28 and then wins HIS NEXT 30 GAMES IN A ROW!!! On August 7, he loses a games to Mattb5 a game that started on June 20, where our hero lost his Queen on move 9 (probably a month before he started engining up) and then he win ...[text shortened]... ning 47 out of 48 games out of the blue! Let's not be ridiculous, ladies.

'Nuff said.
I am pretty sure I can find lots of players like that.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

Originally posted by DeepThought
The proof is shared with the site, you merely need to spend 8 or 9 months analysing public games. Having said that I would like some more of the evidence given as well, since they have a dedicated page a short summary of why the player was believed to have cheated would not be unreasonable.

I can see how it really would be easier the further down you ...[text shortened]... inted by this, but the disappointment should be aimed at those who have failed our expectations.
so he played more than 1000 games using an Engeni ? !! yeah righttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
03 Sep 05

Originally posted by Northern Lad
......for the record I have beaten 3 GMs (highest rating 2545) OTB and drawn with a large number of others, including 3 with the black pieces in the last few months..
OK. I'm calling you out on that. Names, dates and venue's, sir, if you please and I will be able to verify what you claim.

skeeter

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Sep 05

Originally posted by Talem16
I am pretty sure I can find lots of players like that.
Go ahead and find me "a lot of players" who were bumbling around at a low rating and, all of a sudden, won 47 out of 48 games. If you do find them, I suggest you report them to the Game Mods immediately as they are cheats.

And why couldn't a player use an engine to play 200 games at a time?? It's quicker than doing your own thinking and analysis.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

Go ahead and find me "a lot of players" who were bumbling around at a low rating and, all of a sudden, won 47 out of 48 games. If you do find them, I suggest you report them to the Game Mods immediately as they are cheats.

And why couldn't a player use an engine to play 200 games at a time?? It's quicker than doing your own thinking and analysis.
I could but I don't have the time I have a life out there. Now I think everyone has a life out there and I don't think its possible to play 200 at a time using an engeni and having a life out there. Moreover, it would be boring, I mean u are wasting ur time ur brain is not even working when u do that!! .

Sorry about my grammar English is not my native language 🙂

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

And why couldn't a player use an engine to play 200 games at a time?? It's quicker than doing your own thinking and analysis.[/b]

I don't think its quicker I took about 10 seconds or less to move , sometimes more all depending on the position but when I play harder players than me (2000+ players) I put my all my energy.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Sep 05

In those 10 seconds, the strong, commercial engines will find a move that will be tactically correct. At 60 seconds, my Fritz8 easily found Fischer's brilliant Queen sac and his entire winning line in his "Game of the Century" against Byrne in 1956. Engines can calculate complicated lines far more quickly than a human. I agree that someone who would use one on an internet chess site has psychological problems, but there's a lot of that going around.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
03 Sep 05

In those 10 seconds, the strong, commercial engines will find a move that will be tactically correct. At 60 seconds, my Fritz8 easily found Fischer's brilliant Queen sac and his entire winning line in his "Game of the Century" against Byrne in 1956. Engines can calculate complicated lines far more quickly than a human. I agree that someone who would u ...[text shortened]... e on an internet chess site has psychological problems, but there's a lot of that going around.
It make sense what u are telling me but if u take 10 seconds to move in a commercial engine, after that, u would need to reset the board, look up the games, the positions, and that would it take longer!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Sep 05

It make sense what u are telling me but if u take 10 seconds to move in a commercial engine, after that, u would need to reset the board, look up the games, the positions, and that would it take longer!!
You can copy the PGN right from the site and paste it to your engine. Takes a few seconds.

d

Hockeytown

Moves
04 Sep 05

The proof is in the pudding. I still don't know what that means, but I just wanted to say it.

C

Argentina

Moves
04 Sep 05

Russ:

I want to know why SirUlrich post eas deleted.
And why he was banned from the forums.

I 'd like to have a serious, complete and coherent answer.

My regards

Julia

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Sep 05

You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop digging.

s

Moves
04 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
In response to concerns about the lack of visibility regarding the game moderators, a page has been added to the site map listing all recent accounts closed after game mod investigations.

This has been added today to coincide with a the removal of access to a number of accounts where overwhelming evidence pointed to cheating in some or all games played by th ...[text shortened]... ames assigned to these players will be resigned in a controlled manner at a later date.

-Russ
I understand that some significant players are about to be expelled for cheating (I will not name them as I am unsure whether it is 100% proven yet). I wondered though what happens when someone has won tournaments has been found cheating? will the records be amended to show the runner up as the winner? Although after thinking about this it would probably only be meaningful in one of those 'everyone plays everyone' style of tournament, as the runner up may have been beaten by the other finalist. Personally I would be gutted if I had come second to a cheater. Is it possible that these cheaters are breaking any laws that they could be sued for? obviously that would cost money but I for one would DEFINATELY contribute cash to prosecute these people.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
04 Sep 05

Originally posted by stevetodd
I understand that some significant players are about to be expelled for cheating (I will not name them as I am unsure whether it is 100% proven yet). I wondered though what happens when someone has won tournaments has been found cheating? will the records be amended to show the runner up as the winner? Although after thinking about this it would probably o ...[text shortened]... that would cost money but I for one would DEFINATELY contribute cash to prosecute these people.
😲