1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 17:54
    @radioactive69 said
    Jesus Lemon. And I thought Rusty was old. 60's? I had you pegged for around 13 to 15 years old. Wonders never cease!
    and I had you pegged for a buxomy blonde
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    14 Sep '21 19:53
    no clan leaders gone fishing yet, fishing seems to be in vogue
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Sep '21 17:04
    @radioactive69 said
    Jesus Lemon. And I thought Rusty was old. 60's? I had you pegged for around 13 to 15 years old. Wonders never cease!
    That IS around the age he acts, then that is insulting some 13 to 15 year olds.

-VR
  4. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 10:19
    @Very-Rusty

Not just the forum, Rusty, the Clan system itself is dying ....

Down from its peak of 30 pages of clans now down to 5, with a page of 1/2 player clans or no longer accepting challenges

The systemic use of sandbagging by the top clans over previous years to maintain their stranglehold is finally (and sadly) bringing the system down

The fact that ratings can be manipulated through losing non-clan challenge games is incomprehensible.

Add to this a scoring system where the points awared are the same whether you lose 5-6 or 1-6

My prediction is there will only be 3 pages by the end of 2023 unless something radical is done

I also predict IVV will still be top on the basis that we can play significantly more challenges than other clans.

We do it fairly, but at the end of the day, volume is the main factor, and when you also have a great set of players you don't need to resort to sandbagging

Saying the forum is dying is like Nero fiddling while Rome burns ....
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 18:183 edits
    @maxtheminnow said
    @Very-Rusty

Not just the forum, Rusty, the Clan system itself is dying ....

Down from its peak of 30 pages of clans now down to 5, with a page of 1/2 player clans or no longer accepting challenges

The systemic use of sandbagging by the top clans over previous years to maintain their stranglehold is finally (and sadly) bringing the system down

The fact that r ...[text shortened]... ed to resort to sandbagging

Saying the forum is dying is like Nero fiddling while Rome burns ....
    The only thing I haven't liked so far is lemon giving you points on a silver platter.

Although they haven't been enough to make much difference.

Clans seem to be moving faster in Challenges against your group than in others in lets say the top 10, I've been following and that is a FACT. I can appreciate that happening though as no one wants the same Clan winning in what I think would 8 years straight? One could see there was going to be a point this would happen.

Other than that your clan has done a very good job having those points to take into this year was a move right out of Metallica's play book, well done!

I believe my new clan is playing it straight as I checked it over pretty good, before deciding to join. Been watching them the past 3 years and they are improving it seems each year. I believe good enough to play anyone.

I don't know how the sandbagging will stop unless the Clan Challenges have their own rating separate from the other ratings. Your Predictions could very well end up proving to be true unless something radical is done as you've pointed out.

We both know you had it won by March for sure, no one had a chance of catching you! Good Job!!!! You must admit you've had a little help by Clans not moving as fast against other Clans as your Clan. As I said to be expected with one Clan winning it all each year.

EDIT: Please note I speak for myself and not my Clan.

-VR
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 19:55
    @Very-Rusty it will make a nice change for another clan to win the title, change is good and hopefully makes everyone more competitive, i'd put my money on Metallica to win it 2022, i'm sure they will bounce back
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 20:07
    @wycombe-al said
    @Very-Rusty it will make a nice change for another clan to win the title, change is good and hopefully makes everyone more competitive, i'd put my money on Metallica to win it 2022, i'm sure they will bounce back
    Al, I agree it will be nice change to see another clan win. If max plays his cards right he can start saving for next year with longer time limits and hold off on winning until 2022 which I suspect he will do. Get rid of all lost challenges by the end of year.

I would put my money on Max if we want to be realistic about it. Like I said he can start banking games for 2022 now if he does it properly. The way I see it in my humble opinion. I believe the dude knows what he is doing. Only way it can stop is if clans turn on him, and start moving slow.

-VR
  8. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 21:141 edit
    i'm sure someone has probably posted this before but stats since the clans started:

Wins:
    Metallica 11 times
    Wycombe 2 times
    Red Hot Rebels, Clan Caissa, IVV, Be :-) Clan!, Amsterdam all one time

Second place:
    Metallica 3 times
    Wycombe 2 times
    Amsterdam 2 times
    Drunken Pawns 2 times
    Freethinkers, Polish Clan, George Bush can kiss my arse, Kiwi clan, Smiffy pawn stars, easy riders, Be :-) Clan!, Lemondrop (name always changes lol) all one time
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 21:20
    also to note between 2010 and 2020 only 2 clans won the title, Metallica and Wycombe so it really is good to see new clans at the top, it was really getting stagnant
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 07:44
    Separate ratings for clans.
    It’s so obvious that it’s negligent that it hasn’t been implemented.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 11:22
    @divegeester said
    Separate ratings for clans.
    It’s so obvious that it’s negligent that it hasn’t been implemented.
    Not sure it's that easy to implement otherwise, in view of all the complaints over the years I think Russ would have done it instead of tinkering with the system(the 200 point rule for example).
    I say again, as I have many times before the net points listis not the only way to rate a clans performance.And it is a list, NOT a league table
    Who decreed the order of clans in this list is the way to crown the champion clan just because it is the default when you click on the "clans"icon
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 11:28
    @Maxtheminnow
    I also predict IVV will still be top on the basis that we can play significantly more challenges than other clans.
    How come max?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 14:14
    @venda said
    @Maxtheminnow
    How come max?
    I think I pretty much covered that in my 2nd post venda.

-VR
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 15:31
    @very-rusty said
    I think I pretty much covered that in my 2nd post venda.

-VR
    I understand the points aspect, but surely any clan can mount numerous challenges.
    What I was querying was the "significantly more challenges" bit
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Sep '21 16:01
    @venda said
    I understand the points aspect, but surely any clan can mount numerous challenges.
    What I was querying was the "significantly more challenges" bit
    As you know the quicker a challenge is finished the faster another can be started as you are only allowed 3 going per clan now I believe it is?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree