1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 13:02
    @very-rusty said
    As you know the quicker a challenge is finished the faster another can be started as you are only allowed 3 going per clan now I believe it is?

-VR
    Not sure how many challenges can be ongoing.I'm a bit out of touch not being a leader for a while,but I get what you're saying
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 16:29
    @very-rusty said
    As you know the quicker a challenge is finished the faster another can be started as you are only allowed 3 going per clan now I believe it is?

-VR
    I think perhaps now might be a good time to approach Russ and see if he can relax those restrictions a little.
    Putting the controls in (3 max challenges and 7 day windows between challenges) were good and necessary.
    But perhaps now, he can open up to maybe 5 max challenges. And maybe a 4 day window between challenges.
    The functionality is still there. But more flexible.
    This won't necessarily attract new interest. But it will firm up the interest that is already there, i.e. let the clans that are active set more challenges.

Just a thought.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 22:38
    @mghrn55 said
    I think perhaps now might be a good time to approach Russ and see if he can relax those restrictions a little.
    Putting the controls in (3 max challenges and 7 day windows between challenges) were good and necessary.
    But perhaps now, he can open up to maybe 5 max challenges. And maybe a 4 day window between challenges.
    T ...[text shortened]... st that is already there, i.e. let the clans that are active set more challenges.

Just a thought.
    agree
    you should be the one to approach Russ
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 13:211 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    T ...[text shortened]... st that is already there, i.e. let the clans that are active set more challenges.

Just a thought.
    @mghrn55,
    I concur that the previous changes put in place at the time were great for what was going on at that time, no need to go into detail on that one.

As you are aware I am new member to my present Clan. In a short conversation with my Clan Leader we apparently have an issue in getting the 3 challenges, would even be harder trying to get 5 challenges. From what I've seen so far I believe the 4 day window between challenges would help everyone. Of course I am new to the Clan so haven't enough info on Clan yet.

Unlike Lemon I don't believe you should go to Russ on your own. I believe it best that you go as a group of Clan Leaders and enough of them, so Russ pays attention to the changes you would like to see. Good idea to make sure all the clan leaders are on the same page and want the same things of course. You would all have to work that out between you all.

I believe you'd be a good person to put this together though.

-VR
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 15:42
    @very-rusty said
    @mghrn55,
    I concur that the previous changes put in place at the time were great for what was going on at that time, no need to go into detail on that one.

As you are aware I am new member to my present Clan. In a short conversation with my Clan Leader we apparently have an issue in getting the 3 challenges, would even be harder trying to get 5 chal ...[text shortened]... rk that out between you all.

I believe you'd be a good person to put this together though.

-VR
    Agreed.
    Might be a good idea to start a thread in Site Ideas.
    And yes. You are correct.
    It is hard enough to get challenges with the 3 challenge limit as it is.
    So removing that limit might not help that much.

Maybe a general thread might help.
    Subject title ..... "Suggestion to improve clan feature". Or something like that.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 15:50
    @maxtheminnow said
    @Very-Rusty

Not just the forum, Rusty, the Clan system itself is dying ....

Down from its peak of 30 pages of clans now down to 5, with a page of 1/2 player clans or no longer accepting challenges

The systemic use of sandbagging by the top clans over previous years to maintain their stranglehold is finally (and sadly) bringing the system down

The fact that r ...[text shortened]... ed to resort to sandbagging

Saying the forum is dying is like Nero fiddling while Rome burns ....
    Re: the comment that the clan standings are down to 5 pages.
    That is still 100 clans.
    The number of pages represents the number of clans who have completed at least 1 challenge in the current calendar year.
    Now to get the number of total challenges up.
    Relaxing some restrictions might be a start.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 15:57
    @mghrn55 said
    Re: the comment that the clan standings are down to 5 pages.
    That is still 100 clans.
    The number of pages represents the number of clans who have completed at least 1 challenge in the current calendar year.
    Now to get the number of total challenges up.
    Relaxing some restrictions might be a start.
    better would be to give the winning clan a prize
    say a free subscription for a year
    this would generate a huge interest in clan play
    plus more players buying a sub
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 16:232 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    Agreed.
    Might be a good idea to start a thread in Site Ideas.
    And yes. You are correct.
    It is hard enough to get challenges with the 3 challenge limit as it is.
    So removing that limit might not help that much.

Maybe a general thread might help.
    Subject title ..... "Suggestion to improve clan feature". Or something like that.
    Perhaps putting some of the smaller clans together may help?

We have 5 pages but they are not 5 pages of full clans like 17-20 players per clan, many clans only have a few players in it. I think one should have to have so many players in it to be determined a clan. Clan Leaders would have to talk that over to make it work.

I really believe you have to have a bunch of clan Leaders on the same page looking for the same things. "Suggestion to improve the clan feature", may not be the best way to go about it? I am not sure how to go about it either, but I know you need a majority of the Clan Leaders on board looking for the same things.

I don't know if a Clan Leaders Only Thread would work? Just a suggestion. We really wouldn't want people coming in the thread just to be silly. I know I am ruling myself out of this. WE can always have another thread on discussion on Clan Leader suggestions, hell this will not be easy, but we could at least TRY?

-VR
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 16:29
    @Very-Rusty
    I'll give it some thought.
    As to start the conversation up.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 16:372 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    @Very-Rusty
    I'll give it some thought.
    As to start the conversation up.
    Good Luck, First to get the Clan Leaders on board then to get the members to follow.

I think if all the clan Leaders are on board with it their people in their clans will follow.

This will not be a piece of cake I am sure.

As the threads show us, many of us can't agree on anything

-VR
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 16:47
    certainly up for joining the discussion on improvements that could be made as does feel to me that people are drifting away from the clan feature and more to the clubs and tournaments
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Sep '21 08:06
    @lemondrop said
    better would be to give the winning clan a prize
    say a free subscription for a year
    this would generate a huge interest in clan play
    plus more players buying a sub
    Disagree.
    Whenever you start talking cash incentives you encourage cheating.
    Premiership footballers are experts at it!
    Also how would you decide the "winner"
    The good old reliable net points list I suppose where the clans who mount the most challenges have the best chance of winning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree