1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    13 Nov '23 16:42
    I want to congratulate team Metallica, and especially the leader for winning the Championship this year. They did a great job taking the lead and keeping it. Can't argue with the results, they have the best leader running that team. So great job to the team and great job to their leader shortcircuit. You guys did a wonderful job this year. All my best to all of you.

Michael 🙂
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Nov '23 10:21
    @vespin said
    I want to congratulate team Metallica, and especially the leader for winning the Championship this year. They did a great job taking the lead and keeping it. Can't argue with the results, they have the best leader running that team. So great job to the team and great job to their leader shortcircuit. You guys did a wonderful job this year. All my best to all of you.

Michael 🙂
    What?
    They're only 300 points in front on the net points list and it's still November.
    Did you see Glenn Maxwell in the cricket world cup?
    It's never over until.....
    I propose a blanket ban on accepting Metallica challenges for the rest of the year!
    Just kidding Fred
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '23 12:18
    @venda said
    What?
    They're only 300 points in front on the net points list and it's still November.
    Did you see Glenn Maxwell in the cricket world cup?
    It's never over until.....
    I propose a blanket ban on accepting Metallica challenges for the rest of the year!
    Just kidding Fred
    The problem is that Metallica is one of the only clans who work overtime to get and win challenges. Other clans know this and any 'boycott' would not work because all clans need challenges and accepting Metallica's challenges is easier than putting in the work to make challenges.

This is why Metallica (and lately, Breaking Bad) wins Championships.
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    14 Nov '23 13:14
    @Suzianne
    You are right. It feels like a full time job making challenges that are fair and making enough of them to put points on the board. The hours I put in I have lost count.

But I love the game and running the clan. It's an outlet for me. But you are spot on. Metallica did a great job this year.
  5. Bristol, UK
    Moves
    14 Nov '23 17:271 edit
    @venda said
    They're only 300 points in front on the net points list
    Most clans here don't have 300 gross points. 😆
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Nov '23 09:30
    @suzianne said
    The problem is that Metallica is one of the only clans who work overtime to get and win challenges. Other clans know this and any 'boycott' would not work because all clans need challenges and accepting Metallica's challenges is easier than putting in the work to make challenges.

This is why Metallica (and lately, Breaking Bad) wins Championships.
    The boycott suggestion was a joke,hence the "just kidding" comment to Fred,the leader of Metallica.
    Mounting lots of challenges is only one aspect of Metallica's success,but i'm sure we all know that.
    I don't really care who finishes top of the clan net points list but that's just my view.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 00:12
    I believe an amalgamation of the smaller clans is required to get some good competitive competition going. You may or may not Notice the Clan playing the Most Clan Challenges will win 1rst place. I'd like to see 3, 4 or more competing every year for 1rst place. It takes a lot of hard work as the top Clan Leaders know, many Clan Challenges and lots of work making Clan Challenges. As VESPIN and Shortcircuit know it takes many hours of work which for the most part goes unnoticed by the rest of us.

-VR
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 10:19
    @very-rusty said
    I believe an amalgamation of the smaller clans is required to get some good competitive competition going. You may or may not Notice the Clan playing the Most Clan Challenges will win 1rst place. I'd like to see 3, 4 or more competing every year for 1rst place. It takes a lot of hard work as the top Clan Leaders know, many Clan Challenges and lots of work making Clan Chall ...[text shortened]... t know it takes many hours of work which for the most part goes unnoticed by the rest of us.

-VR
    There is merit in your suggestion,but it does go against the principal of clans i.e players who have an interest in something other than chess whether it be a particular sport or music genre or something else.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 12:58
    @venda said
    There is merit in your suggestion,but it does go against the principal of clans i.e players who have an interest in something other than chess whether it be a particular sport or music genre or something else.
    Then IF chess isn't their reason for being here, they should join or start their own Club.

ONE player is NOT A CLAN.

-VR
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 14:51
    @very-rusty said
    Then IF chess isn't their reason for being here, they should join or start their own Club.

ONE player is NOT A CLAN.

-VR
    I agree that 1 player isn't a clan
    I never mentioned 1 player clans.
    I don't even know how many there are as I rarely look on the clan list.
    Chess is obviously peoples reason for being on the site,but surely they can have other interests as well which they may like to debate on their clan forum
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 15:531 edit
    @venda said
    I agree that 1 player isn't a clan
    I never mentioned 1 player clans.
    I don't even know how many there are as I rarely look on the clan list.
    Chess is obviously peoples reason for being on the site,but surely they can have other interests as well which they may like to debate on their clan forum
    My old friend you may want to take a look at how many 1 person clans there actually are, as you are aware we are down to 4 pages and as I said there are many more 1 person Clans than there were even last year. There is a 5th page but only 2 clans on it. How many pages did we once have?

-VR
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 09:55
    @very-rusty said
    My old friend you may want to take a look at how many 1 person clans there actually are, as you are aware we are down to 4 pages and as I said there are many more 1 person Clans than there were even last year. There is a 5th page but only 2 clans on it. How many pages did we once have?

-VR
    I know from my time as a leader there were a lot more than 4 or 5 pages on the list.
    However, when searching for challenges I stopped looking any further than page 2 as after that the clans listed were either completely inactive or "not accepting challenges"
    We can only theorise as to why the number of active clans is reducing.
    Maybe it's the dominance of the big hard working clans on the net points list or perhaps there's less subscribers now.
    In truth, we just don't know.
  13. Bristol, UK
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 10:081 edit
    I also agree that one player is not a clan. My clan will be retiring at the end of this year, so that's one less to worry about. It was never the intention to stay a one-player clan, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.
  14. Victor, New York
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 14:05
    @Very-Rusty 13 one person clans out of 100 last year and 10 out of 82 this year. (I had 5 minutes to spare so I counted them.)
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 18:17
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty 13 one person clans out of 100 last year and 10 out of 82 this year. (I had 5 minutes to spare so I counted them.)
    About the same percentage then

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree