1. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 18:03
    Originally posted by @padger
    Your system of awarding points to a losing team is a non starter it will hand the title to the clan that plays the most games
    You accuse Metallica of not wanting change? Your system would help them and any clan willing to play lots of challenges
    If you go to the clan table and change the filter to most games won Metallica do not win in any year
    So that theory goes up in smoke
    Let's make this about making ut a fairer system for all clans not an attempt to stop one clan in particular

At the start of the year every clan know what is needed to win
    When it was gross points Metallica won. There was a change to net points as this was deemed fairer then Metallica won again.
    Even if you change the scoring system Metallica will probably win

Now ask why?
    It's no big secret they win because they have 18-20 solid players who hardly get timed out plus a leader who must spend a lot of time issuing challenges
    Look at the other clans that have won it. All vast amount of challenges

What I am saying no matter what system a good clan leader will adapt you can't compare past years results with a system that was not in place be as well as doing it alphabetically
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 18:40
    I've not followed this discussion that closely so this maybe old ground , but has an aggregate system been considered?.
    For example in a clan challenge a clan wins the challenge 4-3 -1 point to the winning clan.
    A challenge is drawn 4-4 -no points awarded.
    It wouldn't make any difference if it was a 20 player challenge or a 1 player challenge and every player would have to play to win to contribute towards their clans aggregate
    Therefore if a challenge was already lost(say the score was 4-1 with one game to play it would reduce the winning clans margin if the lost clan player won his remaining game.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 10:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 11:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Did someone just fart in here ??
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Did someone just fart in here ??
    I believe that was just mctayto looking for a ban....Running down the site owner!! Robbie is already on a vacation for doing something similiar on a regular basis.

My advice to potatoe head would be to stop or you will also be taking a little vacation!! 😉

I am sure the post will be alerted many times!! 😉

-VR
  6. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 12:19
    Another humping for ict yesterday

Karma loves to kick cheats

Hahaha

Cry a river you wee baw bag
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 12:38
    Im confused.

By this statement it would appear that Metallica have won every single year by a massive margin?

What about when the wycombe clan won? What about the close battles with IVV? Or did i just imagine those years?

There has been several clan scoring changes and clans have adapted to these.

I agree with Padger in that i dont like the negative points system but as yet i cant think of a better system.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 13:06
    Hey McGayo. How about we play a clan game..........oh wait.........that's right...........you've been banned from playing clan games as you've been proven to be a lying cheat.

My bad !!!
  9. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 15:23
    Hey McGayo. How about we play a clan game..........oh wait.........that's right...........you've been banned from playing clan games as you've been proven to be a lying cheat.

My bad !!!
    Hahaha
    Mctayto accuses the site owner and Metallica of scratching each other backs

He got a ban from clan games for kissing Robbies back side .

He must be the coward saddo hiding behind the thumbs

Karma still kicking the loser hahagaha
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 15:491 edit
    Thanks for dropping by.
    I see you haven't tossed a game in 128 days. 😛
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 22:45
    Originally posted by @padger
    Your system of awarding points to a losing team is a non starter it will hand the title to the clan that plays the most games
    You accuse Metallica of not wanting change? Your system would help them and any clan willing to play lots of challenges
    If you go to the clan table and change the filter to most games won Metallica do not win in any year
    So that theory goes up in smoke
    Listen, I have heard enough of this. How can you change a rule "after the fact" and say the result would have been that way if that rule was played? Don't you understand that we don't care WHAT rules are employed, as long as they don't allow cheating and as long as they are uniform and are instituted at the first day of the year...not in the middle.

You may raise your eyebrows at that statement, but give me enough credit that we would change our tactics to fit the rules in force. You have already seen us do this very thing on 3 different occasions when rules were changed in an effort to thwart us.

That being said, I personally think your proposal is somewhat sedate. You just don't like the amount of risk you run in challenges. You could double the amount of points to the victor and take no points from the loser and accomplish the same thing. It is simply risk vs reward. I don't see why you want to give the losing team any credit for losing. That is my position, but I only speak for one clan. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 02:26
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Hahaha
    Mctayto accuses the site owner and Metallica of scratching each other backs

He got a ban from clan games for kissing Robbies back side .

He must be the coward saddo hiding behind the thumbs

Karma still kicking the loser hahagaha
    So did Robbie and Vespin run crying to McTayto and the kilted potato came in in his usual impolite fashion?

And isn't he banned from clan games anyway so he's totally irrelevant in this forum?
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 02:39
    Originally posted by @startreader
    So did Robbie and Vespin run crying to McTayto and the kilted potato came in in his usual impolite fashion?

And isn't he banned from clan games anyway so he's totally irrelevant in this forum?
    Oh common Star T.......he makes a good forum football to boot around.

Banned from clan games.........now probably banned from the clan forum........It seems that we all enjoy kicking him around. What else can we ban him from?

He's definitely banned from the RHP subscribers spa and resort. Wouldn't like to drop the soap with him around !!!!
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 03:38
    Originally posted by @startreader

He's had his post removed.
    Maybe he got a forum ban too.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 06:47
    Oh common Star T.......he makes a good forum football to boot around.

Banned from clan games.........now probably banned from the clan forum........It seems that we all enjoy kicking him around. What else can we ban him from?

He's definitely banned from the RHP subscribers spa and resort. Wouldn't like to drop the soap with him around !!!!
    Absolutely!

I just didn't see the offending posts, so I've missed all the fun too! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree