Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Thanks for dropping by.
    I see you haven't tossed a game in 128 days. 😛
    Bet he's tossed robbie alot in the last 128 days
  2. Here
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 09:06
    Originally posted by @shortcircuit
    Listen, I have heard enough of this. How can you change a rule "after the fact" and say the result would have been that way if that rule was played? Don't you understand that we don't care WHAT rules are employed, as long as they don't allow cheating and as long as they are uniform and are instituted at the first day of the year...not in the middle.
    ...[text shortened]... That is my position, but I only speak for one clan. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
    It's not that I want to reward the losing clan
    I just want the proper result to be recognised
    How can a team that loses 6 - 4 end up with the same result as team that loses 10 - 0
    NOT FAIR
    If you want to make it double points to the winner or even triple points to the winner
    I can understand that but those 4 players who played well in the losing clan deserve something for their efforts or they may just as well resign every game
    At least they will get something on their rating
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 09:09
    Originally posted by @padger
    How can a team that loses 6 - 4 end up with the same result as team that loses 10 - 0
    NOT FAIR
    If you want to make it double points to the winner or even triple points to the winner
    I can understand that but those 4 players who played well in the losing clan ...[text shortened]... rts or they may just as well resign every game
    Refer to my proposal. It addresses this issue.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 14:15
    NOT FAIR
    I can understand that but those 4 players who played well in the losing clan ...[text shortened]... rts or they may just as well resign every game
    With an aggregate system a team that wins 6-4 would get 2 points and a team that wins 10-0 ten points.
    Each player must try to win his games to gain points and to avoid a winning clan getting more points if his clan loses the challenge
    How can you make it fairer than that?
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by @venda
    With an aggregate system a team that wins 6-4 would get 2 points and a team that wins 10-0 ten points.
    Each player must try to win his games to gain points and to avoid a winning clan getting more points if his clan loses the challenge
    How can you make it fairer than that?
    It's very similar to my proposal but I feel that the clan that wins the challenge deserves some reward for winning the challenge overall. There also has to be a penalty (negative points) to the losing clan otherwise it will just come down to the clan that issues the most challenges as the winner.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 14:48
    I can understand that but those 4 players who played well in the losing clan deserve something for their efforts or they may just as well resign every game
    The 4 players do get something for their efforts in their individual stats in their profile and in their Individual Clan Forums. Those wins don't just vanish they are are counted, just not the way you would like to see them counted.

-VR
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 14:57
    NOT FAIR
    If 10 players on a football team play well and one player stinks, they all still lose, right?
    Ever seen an individual player have a career game, yet his team loses??
    It is a team sport. There is no "I" in team.
    You all win or you all lose, together.
    I have played two crap games where I got hammered in a challenge, yet we won the challenge.
    Your teammates pick you up, just like you pick your teammates who are sucking at the time.
    It is all part of the game.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 17:22
    NOT FAIR
    Current system we have now is pretty close to sports world.
    Take baseball. A team wins 1-0 or 11-0 and gets awarded a win.
    Losing team by above scores is awarded a point on the loss side.

There is no partial award or penalty here.
    A win is a win. A loss is a loss.
    Subtracting points for lost challenges is simply a departure from the old Gross point scoring system (before my time)
    which simply rewarded challenge volume by any clan instead of won-loss record.

Under current system, you still have to play a lot of challenges to win.
    But you have to win more than you lose to capture the title !!

Which btw, is where Carrobie's clan ELO fantasy fell flat !!
    Russ's beta model had a clan with only 12 completed challenges in 1st place, if you recall.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 18:26
    If 10 players on a football team play well and one player stinks, they all still lose, right?
    I have played two crap games where I got hammered in a challenge, yet we won the challenge.
    Your te ...[text shortened]... up, just like you pick your teammates who are sucking at the time.
    There's a counter argument to that Fred.
    I play crown green bowls which is also a team game.
    There's various formats but this example is 6 players in a team where the winner is first to 21
    Each player plays an opposing player and there's 1 point for the winner of each game
    However there's also 2 points for the overall aggregate.
    Therefore if you are losing your game there's still an incentive to score as many points as possible because each score contributes towards the overall aggregate.
    You may lose your game but your points may just win your team the aggregate.
    I think I know why you are against an aggregate system my friend.It goes against Metallica's tactics of conceding games when the challenge is won or lost.
    I don't want to get into a slanging match with you because I think you are a decent sort but isn't that the case?
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 20:00
    Originally posted by @venda
    There's a counter argument to that Fred.
    I play crown green bowls which is also a team game.
    There's various formats but this example is 6 players in a team where the winner is first to 21
    Each player plays an opposing player and there's 1 point for the winner of each game
    However there's also 2 points for the overall aggregate.
    Therefore if you are losi ...[text shortened]... et into a slanging match with you because I think you are a decent sort but isn't that the case?
    No Dave, not at all. As I have said on many occasions, and repeatedly proved it through the years, we will play with any set of rules as long as they are equal to all and started at the BEGINNING of a year when everyone is zeroed out. We will modify our tactics accordingly to the rules.

The part I like best about the current system is the winner takes all aspect.
  11. Here
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 17:17
    Your te ...[text shortened]... up, just like you pick your teammates who are sucking at the time.
    The winning team in this argument gets 3 points regardless of how many goals they scored
    The losing team get no points regardless of how many goals they conceded.However their goal difference is changed according to how many each team scored
    They do not get minus points
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:28
    The winning team in this argument gets 3 points regardless of how many goals they scored
    The losing team get no points regardless of how many goals they conceded.However their goal difference is changed according to how many each team scored
    They do not get minus points
    There are no minus points because every team plays the same number of games.
    In an informal clan scenario that is not the case.
    In fact the gross points total illustrates this.

A team can lose more challenges than they win and still contend for the title.

In fact you can look at this year's standings and find a clan on the last page when sorted by net points and on the first page when sorted by gross points.

I won't name the clan.
    You can easily find it.
  13. Here
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:48
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    There are no minus points because every team plays the same number of games.
    In an informal clan scenario that is not the case.
    In fact the gross points total illustrates this.

A team can lose more challenges than they win and still contend for the title.

In fact you can look at this year's standings and find a clan on the last page when sorted by ...[text shortened]... the first page when sorted by gross points.

I won't name the clan.
    You can easily find it.
    Yes got the Clan but at least they are playing to the spirit of joining in

What would be wrong with the most Clan games won + Most challenges won
    This would be a way of encouraging more clan interaction and give a better value than the one at present
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 13:271 edit
    Yes got the Clan but at least they are playing to the spirit of joining in

What would be wrong with the most Clan games won + Most challenges won
    This would be a way of encouraging more clan interaction and give a better value than the one at present
    padger,

You feel like you've said all the same things before?

A vote was done the case is pretty much closed.

Repeating what has already been said doesn't really accomplish anything.

Nothing wrong with the present system...Remember we voted on it?

EDIT: I should have said the Clan Leaders Voted!

-VR
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 14:02
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    padger,

You feel like you've said all the same things before?

A vote was done the case is pretty much closed.

Repeating what has already been said doesn't really accomplish anything.

Nothing wrong with the present system...Remember we voted on it?

EDIT: I should have said the Clan Leaders Voted!

-VR
    I wouldn't say there's nothing wrong with the system but yes, you are correct in that it was voted on by our leaders so anything we say here is probably irrelevant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree