29 Apr '23 19:22

Removed by poster

2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 May '23 14:35
    Interesting title,

I thought it could be a new version of "people should choose only one clan to give the full measure to that one.

I myself am member of some clans and have no problem with my loyality
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '23 14:39
    @ponderable said
    Interesting title,

I thought it could be a new version of "people should choose only one clan to give the full measure to that one.

I myself am member of some clans and have no problem with my loyality
    I would like to know how you can have equal loyalty to what ever clans you're in?

-VR
  4. Victor, New York
    Moves
    03 May '23 15:14
    @Very-Rusty When you are in multiple clans, you can't play against the other clans you are in. So, it's just a function of trying to win each game you are scheduled for.
    If you're crazy enough to get deep into the conspiracy nuttiness, then I guess it's possible you could try to lose a match against another clan that is in competition for a position with a second clan you are part of, but do you think that would really matter? I don't.
    Since you can't play against another clan you are in, there seems little incentive to not play your best.
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 May '23 15:372 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I would like to know how you can have equal loyalty to what ever clans you're in?

-VR
    In fact the clanClan 126 I was captaining is not active, as is Clan 2, where I used to talk about Terry Pratchett's work.
    I think non of the clans I ever played for was competing for place 1, though we won the clan leagues waaaaay back
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '23 16:12
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty When you are in multiple clans, you can't play against the other clans you are in. So, it's just a function of trying to win each game you are scheduled for.
    If you're crazy enough to get deep into the conspiracy nuttiness, then I guess it's possible you could try to lose a match against another clan that is in competition for a position with a second clan you ar ...[text shortened]... you can't play against another clan you are in, there seems little incentive to not play your best.
    I do understand you can't play against your own clan, but you can also try harder for one clan than you would another, right???

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '23 16:133 edits
    @ponderable said
    In fact the clanClan 126 I was captaining is not active, as is Clan 2, where I used to talk about Terry Pratchett's work.
    I think non of the clans I ever played for was competing for place 1, though we won the clan leagues waaaaay back
    I can see where that would be different where you are really not competing for 1rst place I've been competing for 1rst place since 2008. Have been fortunate to have been on two great Clans finishing no worst than 2nd and a lot of 1rst place finishes. I got very lucky I do know that. As you know I am still trying to improve my game in the "Ghost Chamber".

-VR
  8. Victor, New York
    Moves
    03 May '23 18:06
    @Very-Rusty To what point? What are the chances that one person could affect one match (ok, maybe several) enough to cause one of the clans they belong to to beat the other clan in the standings? Even if you are playing for first place, which I think we all are even if our clans do not do so well. The odds are pretty low that it could happen.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '23 18:291 edit
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty To what point? What are the chances that one person could affect one match (ok, maybe several) enough to cause one of the clans they belong to to beat the other clan in the standings? Even if you are playing for first place, which I think we all are even if our clans do not do so well. The odds are pretty low that it could happen.
    Well, I have clanmates who play for multiple clans, seemed to have worked out pretty good for us the last couple of years 2nd and 1rst places. This is my personal question is one could possibly try harder for one clan than the other. So far I have stuck my Clan play to one clan.

-VR
  10. Victor, New York
    Moves
    03 May '23 20:22
    @Very-Rusty I understand your point. Not sure why someone would join more than one clan and intentionally play differently but it's possible. When I was in three clans, I tried to win every game I played. Of course, I do that with all of my games.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '23 21:54
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty I understand your point. Not sure why someone would join more than one clan and intentionally play differently but it's possible. When I was in three clans, I tried to win every game I played. Of course, I do that with all of my games.
    @lstcyr,

I didn't mean you personally, understand I meant that people could play harder for one clan than the other.

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '23 04:09
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Maybe ask those in your clan who mention are in multiple clans.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 May '23 18:53
    @divegeester said
    Maybe ask those in your clan who mention are in multiple clans.
    It appears to be working out great for us gooster, 2nd year before last and of course 1rst last year.

-VR
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '23 06:38
    @very-rusty said
    It appears to be working out great for us gooster, 2nd year before last and of course 1rst last year.

-VR
    So in fact you CAN see how a player can have loyalty to more than one clan, how that would work (especially in your own clan), and your comment above that you can understand it was made without you giving it much thought?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 May '23 15:516 edits
    @divegeester said
    So in fact you CAN see how a player can have loyalty to more than one clan, how that would work (especially in your own clan), and your comment above that you can understand it was made without you giving it much thought?
    Actually that is incorrect gooster. I believe a player is going to have more loyalty to one clan than another. Like the fellow that says he loves 2 women equally, that just doesn't happen he is going to love one just a bit more than the other.

If you were the leader of another clan which you'd have a rough time putting together what clan would come first your own clan or Metallica?.....We know the politically correct answer would be Metallica, but how true would that be?

shortcircuit once had a rule or at least presented the idea he would like to see everyone play for just one Clan. Now of course this was back over a decade ago and things may have changed. Look at all the clans we have lost I believe we only have 4 pages out of all the pages of clans we use to have and the 4th page isn't even full.

I'd like to see a half dozen teams with a real shot at winning first place every year. Then you would feel like you have won something. Right now we have 2 Clans mainly fighting for 1rst with 3 other clans that could be in contention if they did things a little differently in my opinion. Those 3 clans know who they are and finish around the same spot each year. IVV was the only big surprise the year your clan finished 4th and I walked into a 2nd place finish mid year of 21 in June 21 I believe it was.

BTW: Yes, I did give it a lot of thought, like I did before leaving Metallica. It just seems to have worked out well for us as aforementioned.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree