1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 14:34
    Originally posted by @padger
    The reason I am not grasping the complexity of the clan system is that it is complete nonsense
    I get it that we are playing different amounts of games with different amounts of players
    What I don't get is how one challenge affects the outcome of another challenge
    Both results should stand on their own
    At some point some of us will approach Russ with some ideas for improvement.

When he decides he is ready.
    I will make a rare post in this thread.
    But at this point, I find it pointless to rehash the same arguments over and over again.

We have the feature we have at the moment.
  2. Here
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    ZZZ-Zzzz-ZZzzz-hngGGggh-Ppbhww- zZZzzzZZ.......mimimimimimimim (3 stooges)

(Someone wake me if he changes the tune) ...ZZZ-Zzzz-ZZzzz-hngGGggh-Ppbhww- zZZzzzZZ.......mimimimimimimi
    You have just won a game against gcrus, a well played game against a superior opponent and it looks like you should win the reverse game as well
    How would it feel to find out that you had actually lost both of these games because of a result of another challenge that you had nothing to do with
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:44
    The reason I am not grasping the complexity of the clan system is that it is complete nonsense
    I get it that we are playing different amounts of games with different amounts of players
    What I don't get is how one challenge affects the outcome of another challenge
    Both results should stand on their own
    Both results do stand alone. It is just like following a birdie with a double bogey making you over par for the round as I suspect you know really 😉
  4. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 18:52
    An eloquent analogy my friend. You are a man of hidden talents.

I think the next thing that needs to be addressed is the awarding of points for drawn challenges. Currently points are given to both teams in the event of a draw. An example is say a 5 member on each clan (10 games) draws 5 all. Each clan receives 5 points each. This does not nullify p ...[text shortened]... tely no idea). This will stop clans such as Lemondrops playing for draws or colluding for draws.
    Just a question. Is it really unreasonable for two clans, whose members have fought each other to a standstill in a challenge, to divide the available points - recognizing the risk taken and effort made? Maybe it should only be clans that do nothing that should score nothing. . .
  5. Here
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 19:30
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    Both results do stand alone. It is just like following a birdie with a double bogey making you over par for the round as I suspect you know really 😉
    It would be like a 9 man challenge where there would be 8 draws and 1 win and 1 loss
    However on my next round if I had two bogies it would not change my score for the first round, which is what is going on here
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 00:34
    You have just won a game against gcrus, a well played game against a superior opponent and it looks like you should win the reverse game as well
    How would it feel to find out that you had actually lost both of these games because of a result of another challenge that you had nothing to do with
    Fine
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 00:39
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    Just a question. Is it really unreasonable for two clans, whose members have fought each other to a standstill in a challenge, to divide the available points - recognizing the risk taken and effort made? Maybe it should only be clans that do nothing that should score nothing. . .
    The point of the nil result is that it balances out to zero just as a won/lost result does.

Maybe both clans have received zero points but they have avoided negative points by pulling off a draw. In a 10 man challenge (20 game) by pulling off a draw avoiding a loss saves the clan 20 points it would have had detracted from its total. It makes sense. Squares the ledger so to speak.
  8. Here
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 06:10
    Fine
    Your all puggled
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 06:56
    Your all puggled
    Must be from trying to reason with you.
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 16:19
    if you think gcyrus is a superior player over radioactive then your evaluation of players ability stinks
  11. Here
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 16:39
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    if you think gcyrus is a superior player over radioactive then your evaluation of players ability stinks
    Thank you
  12. Here
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 16:431 edit
    Just had a thought
    Are you saying you don't think radioactive's rating is ligit
    Wow
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 16:46
    Just had a thought
    Are you saying you don't think radioactive's rating is ligit
    Wow
    no
    do you?
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:10
    no
    do you?
    So .... What happened to your clan ? 😲
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 18:15
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    So .... What happened to your clan ? 😲
    I set them free

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree