1. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 19:41
    My clan, the White Hats just completed a clan match vs. the Popeye clan. Altho we won the match 8-7, the win and 14 points was given to Popeye, simply because 2 of our wins ended in 2 and 1 moves, so they don't "count". This is not only unfair, it is total BS. A win is a win, and a loss is a loss, no matter how long the game lasts. Regular games on this site are rated, so why should clan games be any different?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 19:51
    Originally posted by @sundown316
    My clan, the White Hats just completed a clan match vs. the Popeye clan. Altho we won the match 8-7, the win and 14 points was given to Popeye, simply because 2 of our wins ended in 2 and 1 moves, so they don't "count". This is not only unfair, it is total BS. A win is a win, and a loss is a loss, no matter how long the game lasts. Regular games on this site are rated, so why should clan games be any different?
    They changed this rule a while back, due to the abuse of early resignations.
    Russ made it a minimum amount of moves required for a game to be official.
    I assume your player collect two time out wins in the 1 and 2 move efforts.
    This has burned us and several other clans as well.
    In your case, when those two time outs are removed, you actually only won 6 and lost 7
    and drew 1. This is why you lost 14 points instead of 16 points.
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Oct '17 20:00
    i actually think it is fair
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 02:50
    Originally posted by @wycombe-al
    i actually think it is fair
    So do I. Your clan lost the games that were played therefore you lost the challenge. The other 2 games weren't played so didn't count. Don't see a problem with this.
  5. Here
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 12:19
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    So do I. Your clan lost the games that were played therefore you lost the challenge. The other 2 games weren't played so didn't count. Don't see a problem with this.
    you can't see beyond the end of your nose
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 12:29
    Originally posted by @padger
    Which is one nose further than you can see.

Take your rubbish to the site forum. Bore someone else with your whining.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 15:072 edits
    Originally posted by @padger
    The new rule is not perfect.
    I think we can all agree on that.
    But it is now there for a reason.

It was stated above.
    It is what it is.

A few malcontents tried to abuse an honor system because of their own personal grievances and it backfired on them.
    Big time for at least 2 individuals.

It is what it is.
  8. Here
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 15:56
    You will find that as you go along there are quite a few discrepancies to do with the scoring system
    But do not try to buck it just go with the flow like everyone else
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 17:06
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    The new rule is not perfect.
    I think we can all agree on that.
    But it is now there for a reason.

It was stated above.
    It is what it is.

A few malcontents tried to abuse an honor system because of their own personal grievances and it backfired on them.
    Big time for at least 2 individuals.

It is what it is.
    Metallica prove every day of life that there is no such thing as an honour system when it comes to the clans on RHP 😛 😛 😛
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 19:37
    Originally posted by @mctayto
    Metallica prove every day of life that there is no such thing as an honour system when it comes to the clans on RHP 😛 😛 😛
    Nice to see Metallica still gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 21:58
    The number 1 cheat on the site is going to lecture us on honor??

That is rich.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 01:52
    Poor little McGayo is still sniffing around our butts.

Caught cheating, tried for his crime, and sentenced by Russ the legend.

Look McGayo........I have some advice for you........no need to thank me, this comes free.

Crime doesn't pay. 😀😵😀😵😉😉
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 08:05
    No honour?

Says the only player banned from playing clan games for cheating

What a ........???????

Sorry there is no insult bad enough to describe youv
  14. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 09:05
    The issue of what used to be called "silent withdrawals" in the old postal chess days has always vexed organisations. On balance I think the rule here is relatvely fair and in line with what most others have come up with over the years. If I hadn't have blundered in the opening of one of my games we might have tied the challenge. Russ has adjusted the qualifying move rule twice to my knowledge: once in response to Clan India fiasco where Metallica were judged to have gained unfair advantage from short draws, and now in response to McTayto's pattern of resigning games. At the heart of the latter's behaviour there is, in my view a deep lack of respect for the opponent. That is one of the reasons I voted punish. You can put whatever value you like on his contribution to this thread but he is the cause of this rule change.
  15. Here
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:06
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    The issue of what used to be called "silent withdrawals" in the old postal chess days has always vexed organisations. On balance I think the rule here is relatvely fair and in line with what most others have come up with over the years. If I hadn't have blundered in the opening of one of my games we might have tied the challenge. Russ has adjusted the quali ...[text shortened]... tever value you like on his contribution to this thread but he is the cause of this rule change.
    How wonderful to lose 14 points due to a rule change
    How splendid

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree