1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 15:29
    Originally posted by @startreader
    Still, however compelling a prose writer someone is, where is the logic in the site forbidding a non-subscribing user from joining a clan, but allowing them to contribute to the Clans forum?

It makes no sense. It's not as if they get to like it so much that they want to join a clan. Experience demonstrates that they don't.

Clans are welcoming. ...[text shortened]... e would be enjoyed so much more if he would just dip into his pocket, chip in and pay his share!
    I guess I view things differently. It is not so much the site 'forbidding' non-subs from joining a Clan, but rather using the Clan feature as an incentive to become a subscriber. (Along with tournaments and the like). Therefore, a non-sub posting or not posting in a given forum is really quite meaningless to the site, for as you rightly observed, that is unlikely to have any sway on whether or not someone decides to pay for subscription.
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:01
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I guess I view things differently. It is not so much the site 'forbidding' non-subs from joining a Clan, but rather using the Clan feature as an incentive to become a subscriber. (Along with tournaments and the like). Therefore, a non-sub posting or not posting in a given forum is really quite meaningless to the site, for as you rightly observed, that is unlikely to have any sway on whether or not someone decides to pay for subscription.
    Not seen you posting much in the tournament forum surely if you are thinking of joining two and a half years now. Would you not do some reconnaissance there?
    Your just here for the banter. Break over fir you back to the toilets I want them shining
    But first close the blinds there is a wee jakey selling the big issue outside hes not allowed in here.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:18
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Define "slow cow"!!!

-VR
    apologies - its a version of red bull i tried when i was in canada

https://slowcow.com/

with all the thumbs down i don't feel very welcome in here so shall take my work and sulk off
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:40
    Originally posted by @silverstriker

with all the thumbs down i don't feel very welcome in here so shall take my work and sulk off
    sliver,

Never let the thumbs control what you do, they have no affect on me. Hell I don't even get as many as I once did, must be doing something wrong. 😉

I found that they have "slow cow" in Quebec, haven't seen it here in the maritimes. We do have red bull, but I never touch the stuff. I heard a guy killed himself from drinking too much of it, (seriously)!!

-VR

-VR
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:48
    sliver,

Never let the thumbs control what you do, they have no affect on me. Hell I don't even get as many as I once did, must be doing something wrong. 😉

I found that they have "slow cow" in Quebec, haven't seen it here in the maritimes. We do have red bull, but I never touch the stuff. I heard a guy killed himself from drinking too much of it, (seriously)!!

-VR

-VR
    Waiter.........yeah you there boy.......Ghost or whatever your name is. A Slow Cow for Mr Silverstriker and a flat white for Mr Rusty. Quick smart lad......I might tip you a bit of change towards a subscription.

Oh....and boy.....send out the girl with the suntan lotion......I'm getting a bit of a tan by the pool here.

Ah....this is the life.....pity robbie has been been sent to the cooler. He would have made a very good pillow fluffer.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:52
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Waiter.........yeah you there boy.......Ghost or whatever your name is. A Slow Cow for Mr Silverstriker and a flat white for Mr Rusty. Quick smart lad......I might tip you a bit of change towards a subscription.

Oh....and boy.....send out the girl with the suntan lotion......I'm getting a bit of a tan by the pool here.

Ah....this is the life.....pity robbie has been been sent to the cooler. He would have made a very good pillow fluffer.
    Right away sir. Would Mr Rusty like his flat white in a saucer?
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 17:29
    Originally posted by @radioactive69

Pity Robbie indeed !!
    With all this conversation about the beers of the world.
    And he can't even contribute with his considerable wealth of knowledge on the topic.

Poor poor Robbie. 😛
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:06
    Some good news for you.
    Take Christmas day off
    We have a sad worker who has nothing to do on Christmas day. He did treat himself a few years ago by joining RHP ......the rebel.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:20
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Some good news for you.
    Take Christmas day off
    We have a sad worker who has nothing to do on Christmas day. He did treat himself a few years ago by joining RHP ......the rebel.
    Splendid!

Frees me up to call on Mr Scrooge. (Shake a few chains, deliver dyer warnings about Tiny Tim).
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:21
    Originally posted by @silverstriker

But look at all your thumbs up!

You are very welcome!
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:22
    Splendid!

Frees me up to call on Mr Scrooge. (Shake a few chains, deliver dyer warnings about Tiny Tim).
    Dyer warnings?

In woad?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:32
    Originally posted by @startreader
    Dyer warnings?

In woad?
    "Yes," said Ghost, stubbornly holding his ground. "Warnings about not trying to 'dye' Tiny Tim a festive colour."
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 19:00
    goad,

Mr. Rusty doesn't want it served the way you serve drinks to your alleged clients. 😏

-VR
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 20:51
    goad,

Mr. Rusty doesn't want it served the way you serve drinks to your alleged clients. 😏

-VR
    Do you think goad does voluntary work in a pet shop?
    Would explain his fascination with hamsters and drinks in saucers
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 23:59
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Do you think goad does voluntary work in a pet shop?
    Would explain his fascination with hamsters and drinks in saucers
    roma,

LOL....We can't count that possibility out for sure! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree