1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by Benjamin Barker
    I would be very surprised, given the non-subs far outweigh the subs, if this site doesn't actually make a lot more revenue through the non-subs as they are the ones eye-balling all the ads which generate the most revenue; sub fees probably just cash-flow the running costs, I would think.
    If this is the case as you say. Then wouldn't the Site be far better off with us all being non-subs? Why bother to have paying subscribers at all? I believe depending on the amount of subscribers not re-newing would determine how the revenue would be affected. Of course this is an assumption on my part.
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 02:06
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    If this is the case as you say. Then wouldn't the Site be far better off with us all being non-subs? Why bother to have paying subscribers at all? I believe depending on the amount of subscribers not re-newing would determine how the revenue would be affected. Of course this is an assumption on my part.
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    He covered that -> "sub fees probably just cash-flow the running costs, I would think."
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 02:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    He covered that -> "sub fees probably just cash-flow the running costs, I would think."
    There we go, so sub fees are needed!
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
  4. Standard memberthe spear
    The predictor
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 08:12
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    if subs are not important to this site, why the constant pms from admin offering "deals" to sign up, discounts offered all the time.
    with the player top of the table and what the easy riders are allowed to do, honestly is not a priority on here.it looks like cheating is rewarded as long as those involved pay for a few subs, sort of destroys the "new" players idea subs are not important
  5. Standard memberthe spear
    The predictor
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 08:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    yeah a player on here for a few weeks probably knows the sub advert revenue and how its split.
    why bother charging any one,?
  6. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 08:581 edit
    I'm Head of IT for a retail company and have worked on many web projects. I understand the economics of hosting websites and generating revenue from them.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 14:30
    Originally posted by Benjamin Barker
    I'm Head of IT for a retail company and have worked on many web projects. I understand the economics of hosting websites and generating revenue from them.
    Your statement has merit, but it is much like a newspaper as well.
    The sales circulation (or paid subscriptions) become the basis for which your ad rates are based.
    This is why newspapers will offer deep discounts to encourage additional subscribers,
    even though they don't generate an equivalent amount of revenue...so they can charge
    higher ad prices.

I realize they are not charging for these ads, but are in fact being paid per view, so to speak.
    But, they can negotiate their pay level, which is like the ad rate.

All I can say is, the revenue pinch will be felt and it is significant.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 18:04
    Originally posted by the spear
    if subs are not important to this site, why the constant pms from admin offering "deals" to sign up, discounts offered all the time.
    with the player top of the table and what the easy riders are allowed to do, honestly is not a priority on here.it looks like cheating is rewarded as long as those involved pay for a few subs, sort of destroys the "new" players idea subs are not important
    I agree 100%! You do make a valid point.
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 22:15
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    All I can say is, the revenue pinch will be felt and it is significant.
    Nah. The site will go on much the same as always.

I mean, you're not even mad enough to demand an immediate refund. All you've got is, "eventually, when our subs finally run out, we REFUSE to auto-renew!"

Yeah, that's going to arrest attention.

Will Russ even notice you are gone? I highly doubt it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 07:52
    people come and people go, sorry to be blunt
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 09:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    On the contrary you cannot put a price on the kind of artistic content that I provide. Beautiful women would be throwing themselves from tall buildings at the prospect of me leaving.
    Oh, please. Dancing in the streets, more like it.
  12. Standard memberthe spear
    The predictor
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 10:02
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    people come and people go, sorry to be blunt
    depends how many people go and how many they can convince to not renew, no police in here not even a club championship last two years, thanks to the engine users
    instead of doing something just cancel the tournament same with the clans, turn a blind eye to the obvious cheating.
    to me fairness is more important than money, i wonder how many on here feel the same.
    time will tell.
    imagine catching a co-worker stealing, you tell the boss, but you get the sack, if it was not so sinister it would be funny
    i trust vespins and mctayos money helps deflect the fact this site is a laughing stock by allowing whats going on.
  13. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 12:07
    Originally posted by the spear
    depends how many people go and how many they can convince to not renew, no police in here not even a club championship last two years, thanks to the engine users
    instead of doing something just cancel the tournament same with the clans, turn a blind eye to the obvious cheating.
    to me fairness is more important than money, i wonder how many on here feel t ...[text shortened]... d mctayos money helps deflect the fact this site is a laughing stock by allowing whats going on.
    Yes this is the crux of the matter. Nobody wants to stop playing in all these things. But the principle of fairness is part of what most people are made of. You can't run rough shod across this sense of fairness and expect no pushback.
    As for those who say "people come and go, you won't be missed" you are right. You miss the big picture but you have the right, as do I, to make your own decisions on whether to be part of what's happening or not be part.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 12:33
    Taxi for Carrie! 😵
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 05:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Taxi for Carrie! 😵
    Brain for robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree