1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 21:34
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    As long as your list has methods to prevent Metallica sandbagging and throwing games in won challenges then count me in 😉
    We have already counted you in.
    We can pull up dozens of games that you have resigned from even and won positions.

And that refers to clans games against Easy Riders.

Now go sit in the corner !!
  2. Here
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 21:44
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    While the suggestions are well intentioned, they do not address challenges being thrown.

The focus has been on the perceived notion of sandbagging by certain individuals.

There has been no suggestions on how to deal with some clans throwing challenge points at other clans.

I offered something that has not been adopted to your list.

That being ...[text shortened]...
    Sandbagging has become the poster child of grievance mongering by the malcontents on this site.
    Have you not read my suggestions ?
    If clans can only get points from other clans on the same page it would stop collusion
    If points were awarded properly ( rather than the stupid way they are now ) it would stop clans throwing games
  3. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 23:13
    Originally posted by padger
    If clans can only get points from other clans on the same page it would stop collusion
    If points were awarded properly ( rather than the stupid way they are now ) it would stop clans throwing games
    I like your suggestion of clans only getting points from other clans on the same page.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 23:27
    Originally posted by my2sons
    I like your suggestion of clans only getting points from other clans on the same page.
    i was thinking only clans that have a plus net points can play other clans who have a net plus, that will stop collusion,
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Nov '16 23:34
    I have.
    That suggestion will stifle the number of challenges created.

I have stated at the outset at least 2 years ago that the clan system is an informal feature.

Attempts to change it with the suggestions put forth will completely change the feature to something else.

What do we want this to become ?

The change (200 rating point window) put in this year, which was a minor change from an IT perspective, has already altered the ease of use of this feature.

Any clan leader will tell you how difficult it is to set challenges now.
    Shrinking this to 100 points will effectively shut down the feature.

Keeping this informal will simply require some sort of referee system to handle transgressions of the honor system that this feature runs on.

Site administration has to make that call.

Are they willing to spend the money required for the changes suggested ?
    Or are they willing to use staff resources to penalize unsportsmanlike behavior by certain clans ?
    They have a referee system in place on the forums as many members that have received a forum ban can attest to.

That's what it comes down to.
  6. Here
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 07:45
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    I have.
    That suggestion will stifle the number of challenges created.

I have stated at the outset at least 2 years ago that the clan system is an informal feature.

Attempts to change it with the suggestions put forth will completely change the feature to something else.

What do we want this to become ?

The change (200 rating point window) put ...[text shortened]... s as many members that have received a forum ban can attest to.

That's what it comes down to.
    I have no problem with the 100 point difference
    In fact I do it all the time and have had no trouble sorting challenges
    As for it being a social thing
    You only have to look at the posts to see this no longer the case
    It has become a power thing
    Who finishes the year at the top and has been for quite some time now
    It just needs regulating
  7. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 14:37
    The idea of the same side is similar to the challenge in a ladder. I think a clan should challenge 10 Clans in his surrounding. When he is the top 10 under him. When he is 6th placed 5 above and 5 behind him and so on ...
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 15:391 edit
    Originally posted by Johannes Goethe
    The idea of the same side is similar to the challenge in a ladder. I think a clan should challenge 10 Clans in his surrounding. When he is the top 10 under him. When he is 6th placed 5 above and 5 behind him and so on ...
    I like this suggestion
    basing clan challenges with rules similar to ladder games has merit
    it would solve many of the problems with the clan system as it is now

edit: also eliminating the yearly clan ladder and having a continuous ladder similar to the ladder game structure
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 19:33
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I like this suggestion
    basing clan challenges with rules similar to ladder games has merit
    it would solve many of the problems with the clan system as it is now

edit: also eliminating the yearly clan ladder and having a continuous ladder similar to the ladder game structure
    Maiden Gertrude,
    Personally, if not fixed I don't see the clan challenges lasting much longer. A lot of talk and suggestions, but no action being taken. It may die a slow death.

-VR
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 20:29
    I have no problem with the 100 point difference
    In fact I do it all the time and have had no trouble sorting challenges
    As for it being a social thing
    You only have to look at the posts to see this no longer the case
    It has become a power thing
    Who finishes the year at the top and has been for quite some time now
    It just needs regulating
    The underlying problem with the points difference system for challenge match ups is that it's based on current rating which is the one the sandbaggers can easily manipulate.
    The current rating could be scrapped and replaced with a 3 month rating .Therefore your 3 month rating stays the same for 3 months and is then recalculated automatically by the system 4 times a year.
    This should reduce the sandbagging effect.
    The 200 points thing could be calculated on the 3 month rating.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 20:57
    Originally posted by venda
    The underlying problem with the points difference system for challenge match ups is that it's based on current rating which is the one the sandbaggers can easily manipulate.
    The current rating could be scrapped and replaced with a 3 month rating .Therefore your 3 month rating [b]stays the same for 3 months
    and is then recalculated automatically by the sys ...[text shortened]... reduce the sandbagging effect.
    The 200 points thing could be calculated on the 3 month rating.[/b]
    Venda,
    As we have witnessed this year, it is very easy to manipulate the system. Look what "Easy Riders", Breaking bad, anti-metallica, and arrow have accomplished. The three last teams have been their feeders all year.

-VR
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Nov '16 21:03
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Maiden Gertrude,
    Personally, if not fixed I don't see the clan challenges lasting much longer. A lot of talk and suggestions, but no action being taken. It may die a slow death.

-VR
    obviously we are hoping for a fix
    there doesn't have to be a massive overhaul
    a little fix here
    a little fix there
    it can be done I think
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 01:211 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    obviously we are hoping for a fix
    there doesn't have to be a massive overhaul
    a little fix here
    a little fix there
    it can be done I think
    Maiden Gertrude,
    I hope you are right, but don't think a little fix here and there is going to do the trick. I believe there has to be a major over haul done. There have however been some very good suggestions which have been made, that could possibly work. Trick is trying to get everyone to agree and on the same page.

-VR
  14. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 04:10
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Maiden Gertrude,
    I hope you are right, but don't think a little fix here and there is going to do the trick. I believe there has to be a major over haul done. There have however been some very good suggestions which have been made, that could possibly work. Trick is trying to get everyone to agree and on the same page.

-VR
    Trouble is, when it is all said and done, I don't think Russ gives a rats ass about the clan system. The way the Sleazy Riders continues to load up clan challenges with their 3 sisters, I see their collusion going on through 2017 and beyond.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 20:36
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Trouble is, when it is all said and done, I don't think Russ gives a rats ass about the clan system. The way the Sleazy Riders continues to load up clan challenges with their 3 sisters, I see their collusion going on through 2017 and beyond.
    I agree with you. That is the reason I will not be re-newing my Subscription as nothing has been done. Far as I am concerned the clan challenges are ruined beyond repair with the inaction of the admins who run the site.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree