Victory speech

Victory speech

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Jan 17
2 edits

Originally posted by roma45
[b]the lisbon who?
oh that team that beat a bunch of italian waiters back in the day of black and white tv, when about 3 teams actually bothered playing in europe
The 'Italian waiters' were Inter Milan, who far from being 'waiters' were very proficient footballers. As was the way in those days, all 11 were Italian. I believe all but 1 were full internationals for Italy, most getting at least 20 caps. Some played in the 1970 team that reached the WC final.

As for 'only 3 ' bothered, almost 40 teams entered the 1966/7 European Cup. Admittedly, only the Spanish, Italian, English, German and (obviously) Scottish teams had realistic chances of winning.

Sound almost identical to this year's Champions (sic) League?

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by Very Rusty
roma45,

That could be up there among your Top 10 Posts!!! 😉

-VR
Rusters
You do know that is more of an insult than a compliment?
If that was one of MY top 10 posts, I would give up!

rc

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
The 'Italian waiters' were Inter Milan, who far from being 'waiters' were very proficient footballers. As was the way in those days, all 11 were Italian. I believe all but 1 were full internationals for Italy, most getting at least 20 caps. Some played in the 1970 team that reached the WC final.

As for 'only 3 ' bothered, almost 40 teams enter ...[text shortened]... d realistic chances of winning.

Sound almost identical to this year's Champions (sic) League?
thankyou

Moves
31 Jan 17

No problem

Obviously, I would have liked an English team to win the EC first.

As a Scot, I don't see why robma doesn't celebrate Celtic's success.

Sectarian crap runs deep. Maybe he needs to look back at 'wee JJ's' death

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

No problem

Obviously, I would have liked an English team to win the EC first.

As a Scot, I don't see why robma doesn't celebrate Celtic's success.

Sectarian crap runs deep. Maybe he needs to look back at 'wee JJ's' death
if arsenal win the champions league this year will spurs fans celebrate?
a celtic team won the european cup, it was celtic not Scotland
there are 42 senior teams in scotland all hate both celtic and rangers,well everyone hates the best just like man u in England.
the vast majority of old firm fans are nice friendly people, the hatred and trouble are caused by so called fans who do not even go to the game, i have been to both celtic park and ibrox many times, normally get a humping, but that what being a supporter is all about, it's easy to follow a good team.
saints play Celtic on sunday, i will be there, they have a team costing millions with a wage bill of £40 million against us with a wage bill of £1.1 million not really a level playing field
plus the refs always give the old firm every 50/50 decision remeber the refs went on strike a few years ago because paranoid celtic fans actually hired private detectives to follow them about. saints lost last week to celtic away, we had a 100% penalty turned turn. happens week in week out, thats why they get beat in europe so much, don/t have the 12th man.plus they have to play teams who have much more money than them, they do not like when the shoe is on the other foot
Both Celtic and Rangers have been trying to join the english league for years please take them.

BTW i would prefer man u to win the CL than any scottish team apart from saints obviously

Moves
31 Jan 17

That's a most reasonable reply, considering some of our exchanges. Thanks for describing the attitude to Celtic/Rangers from fans of other teams in Scotland.

Just think it is a bit sad. I am certainly no fan of Liverpool, but when they played in all of their Euro Finals I was rooting for them, because they were English vs another European team. (must admit, didnt spend too long crying if they lost though!)

I take your Arsenal/Spurs analogy , I think most Spurs fans would hate the fact at the time, but historically grudgingly accept that Arsenal achieved something of note in time, although I accept that there are your 'die hard' fans who would never do that.

What about in the past, when Scotland's national team was made up majorly of 'Old Firm' players? Do most Scots want them to lose? It isn't the impression we got down here!

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

That's a most reasonable reply, considering some of our exchanges. Thanks for describing the attitude to Celtic/Rangers from fans of other teams in Scotland.

Just think it is a bit sad. I am certainly no fan of Liverpool, but when they played in all of their Euro Finals I was rooting for them, because they were English vs another European team ...[text shortened]... f 'Old Firm' players? Do most Scots want them to lose? It isn't the impression we got down here!
fans are fickle no doubt about it, on sunday we will shouting abuse at scot brown, but the minute he puts on a scotland top we will cheer him.

i remember when terry butcher played for Rangers he went on to become Scotlands assistant manager, in a scotland v england game, the "rangers end" at hampden gave him lots of abuse
tv money has ruined football how many times do the big teams actually play on the traditional saturday at 3pm? plus costs alot to get in plus food average £42 a game for saints £100 easily if i take the kids, can do the cinema 4 times for one game, and they wonder why the crowds are low?
luckily secterianism is slowly dying thanks to good work by clubs visiting schools etc plus every club has strong links to the say no to racism group.
every club has idiots though never stop that,
the scottish national team is a joke just now, been that way for a while but all scots support two teams
1]Scotland
2] any team who play England

sad but true

rc

Moves
31 Jan 17

Just think it is a bit sad. I am certainly no fan of Liverpool, but when they played in all of their Euro Finals I was rooting for them, because they were English vs another European team ...[text shortened]... f 'Old Firm' players? Do most Scots want them to lose? It isn't the impression we got down here!
There is the long suffering Tartan army who support the Scotland team wherever they go and there are the sectarians like Roma who do not support the national team. The Tartan army accept no bigotry that is why Roma and people like him have no place there and speak disparagingly of the national team.

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

rc

Moves
31 Jan 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
No place for sectarian bigots like you in the Tartan Army.

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

rc

Moves
31 Jan 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I agree you and your friends metallica should therefore high tail it outta here 😀

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I agree you and your friends metallica should therefore high tail it outta here 😀
the super saints took apart Hamilton on saturday a great 3-0 victory

interesting that Hamilton play the sheep loving inverness tonight

perhaps mctayto can tell us the score?

st johnstone

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by roma45
the super saints took apart Hamilton on saturday a great 3-0 victory

interesting that Hamilton play the sheep loving inverness tonight

perhaps mctayto can tell us the score?
wow Hamilton 3 ict 0 hahahahahahahaha

humped 3-0 by the team we humped 3-0

yes it's relegation karma style for mctaytos team..

m

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You probably know by now that Usain Bolt just recently lost a Gold medal from the 2008 Beijing Olympics !!

There is no point of no return for the 2016 Clan Standings final results.

Not to worry though !!
Your speech wasn't very popular anyways !! 😀😀😀😀😀