1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:28
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    Arent those skulls to click on when someone times out? I have 1069 of them! 😛
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
    yes they are
    but knowing that a player will not make a single move
    that is a different kind of time out
    it is a theft
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:302 edits
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    and I will defend to my death your right to your opinion
    Sir,
    How did you manage to drop from 1587 a year ago to 1289? Have you had some medical issues? Just wondering is all.

90 days 1 Year 5 Years
    Highest Rating 1390 1587 1647
    Average Rating 1288 1104 1263
    Lowest Rating 1120 453 453
    Opponent Average Rating 1299 1317 1338
    Games Rated 397 1380 2703
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:351 edit
    yes they are
    but knowing that a player will not make a single move
    that is a different kind of time out
    it is a theft
    Sir,
    Are you saying if you didn't know it would be ok? I'm lost here can you give me more facts on this? It might be one of the skulls I took for all I know? I'll have to look further into it once I find out from you who you are talking about. I guess the Topic of the thread got way off track, especially since neither of us are clan leaders.
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:38
    Sir,
    How did you manage to drop from 1587 a year ago to 1289? Have you had some medical issues? Just wondering is all.

90 days 1 Year 5 Years
    Highest Rating 1390 1587 1647
    Average Rating 1288 1104 1263
    Lowest Rating 1120 453 453
    Opponent Average Rating 1299 1317 1338
    Games Rated 397 1380 2703
    now you want to make this about me
    I don't have to justify anything to you
    as you know, I've already stated in other threads that I resign a lot of games for different reasons
    some personal
    some positional
    some just for the hell of it
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 19:401 edit
    now you want to make this about me
    I don't have to justify anything to you
    as you know, I've already stated in other threads that I resign a lot of games for different reasons
    some personal
    some positional
    some just for the hell of it
    Sir,
    Now your complaining about sandbagging. Wouldn't this make you a sandbagger yourself? If not explain to me why it doesn't?
    Kindest Regards,
    Karms starting to nip again,
    -VR
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:00
    Sir,
    Now your complaining about sandbagging. Wouldn't this make you a sandbagger yoruself? If not explain to me why it doesn't?
    Kindest Regards,
    Karms starting to nip again,
    -VR
    I'm not complaining about sandbagging
    you have to get in the head of the player if you are going to call him a sandbagger
    if you lose 20 games in a row and your rating drops a bunch, are you sandbagging? when I got a forum ban I had 200 games in progress and I resigned them all
    call me a sandbagger, I don't care
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:191 edit
    I'm not complaining about sandbagging
    you have to get in the head of the player if you are going to call him a sandbagger
    if you lose 20 games in a row and your rating drops a bunch, are you sandbagging? when I got a forum ban I had 200 games in progress and I resigned them all
    call me a sandbagger, I don't care
    Sir,
    If you lost those games intentionally, yes you would be sandbagging. When you got the forum ban and resigned all 200 games that was being a cry baby and a Sandbagger. You still could have played the games, I've had enough bans to know!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:24
    Sir,
    If you lost those games intentionally, yes you would be sandbagging. When you got the forum ban and resigned all 200 games that was being a cry baby and a Sandbagger. You still could have played the games, I've had enough bans to know!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    it was a protest to what I thought an unjustifiable ban
    I was acting from a high moral ground
    something you may not understand
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:33
    it was a protest to what I thought an unjustifiable ban
    I was acting from a high moral ground
    something you may not understand
    Sir,
    I understand ok, you were a crybaby and resigned all 200 games.
    Nothing to do with morals. I'd like to thank the Mod who banned you! 😛
    Kindest Regards,
    Karma biting at your butt hard now,
    -VR
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:37
    Sir,
    I understand ok, you were a crybaby and resigned all 200 games.
    Nothing to do with morals. I'd like to thank the Mod who banned you! 😛
    Kindest Regards,
    Karma biting at your butt hard now,
    -VR
    your childish karma crap is driving me crazy
    I feel like I'm dealing with a five year old
    I'm just going to have to let you go
    good bye milk toast
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '16 20:492 edits
    your childish karma crap is driving me crazy
    I feel like I'm dealing with a five year old
    I'm just going to have to let you go
    good bye milk toast
    Sir,
    You're just upset because I thanked the Moderator who banned you. 😛
    I believe you know that I am telling the truth.
    Karma will get you. Be happy I don't use Icons all the time like I use to do. 😉
    That use to really drive people up the wall 😛
    I really don't want to hurt your feeling but I feel like I been talking to a 4 year old. 😛
    Karma is licking at your heels,
    Sandbagger by your own admission,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 07:47
    Originally posted by arbeider
    But if all clan leaders can self-police (honour system?) and only create clan challenges that bypass the sandbagging as you call it and match players based on actual skill - there would be no need for collusion and the issue goes away.

The collusion is seen as a solution to a problem. You might not like the solution - but there it is. Take away the problem ... no need for a solution you (we) don't like.
    If you buy into the pure, unmitigated baloney that Mctayto spews that Metallica is the source of all that is wrong with this site, then you are missing the actual problem.

A few self-important crybabies became frustrated that their clans could not match the record of Metallica no matter what they tried (because after all, they weren't nearly as good, despite their own opinions), and so they hatched a plan, where their clans would sacrifice their own records to shovel wins to one of them, and, in this way, hundreds of points could be amassed and given to (not earned by) one clan.

There never was a "need" for the collusion. The only "problem" this was seen as a "solution" to, by those involved, is the huge egos and "bruised dignity" of those involved. And all because they can't beat Metallica fairly. In fact, they have to come up with some reason that might be seen as an explanation for their offensive behavior. So they manufacture this idea that "Metallica cheats". Well, I suppose that if 1) you considered yourself the best players on the site and 2) you kept being shut out by the best clan on the site, then you might dream up this supposed reason why you are denied wins. This is an outrageous move by a bunch of self-promoting losers who cannot win any other way except by collusion and they justify their collusion by claiming that they "had no choice". Which is complete and utter nonsense.

I mean, as always, you can buy into their narrative if you want. But these are the reasons why most clan leaders here, who just want to play some chess, have denounced them, and rightfully so.
  13. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you buy into the pure, unmitigated baloney that Mctayto spews that Metallica is the source of all that is wrong with this site, then you are missing the actual problem.

A few self-important crybabies became frustrated that their clans could not match the record of Metallica no matter what they tried (because after all, they weren't nearly as good, des ...[text shortened]... ost clan leaders here, who just want to play some chess, have denounced them, and rightfully so.
    " they justify their collusion by claiming that they "had no choice"."

Actually that is my narrative. I have not heard anyone admit collusion. I am saying that the 4 clan cooperation of 2016 is happening as a protest. Maybe I am wrong.

To me it looks like some players are protesting the clan system being taken advantage of by some clans artificially lowering player ratings then winning challenges by matching up players who are not the same strength.

The challenges are built with players not of the same strength. Anyone who wants to deny that is not paying attention. That is how a single clan wins year after year.

The questions are:
    1. Is that against the rules? No obviously not.
    2. Is it being done intentionally (lowering rating for an advantage)? Players say no it is not intentional so we have to take them at their word.
    3. It is smart to set up challenges where the players are not the same strength? Yes of course – that is why a lot of players think one clan leader is the best clan leader here. He probably is. He figured out how the system works and within the rules took advantage of it.

Two things can both be true here.

Some clan leaders here are better at creating challenges than others. They put the time in. They do the research. They pay attention to the details.

The challenges are built with players not of the same strength.
  14. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 12:31
    This is not the clan leagues or the EPL or the NFL. It is not a matter of getting the best players and then you win.

The clan challenge system is built on individual matchups that are supposed to be even. My 1600 against your 1600. My 1500 against your 1500. My 1400 against your 1400. Best out of 6 games gets the spoils.

If one clan wins so many of these challenges that they win the league every year – the individual matchups are not what they look like on paper.

In this case it is not My 1500 against your 1500. My 1400 against your 1400. I don’t think that can be argued – it is simple math and probability theory. Ratings define the probability. The numbers don’t lie.

What can be questioned (or argued) is how these challenges get created. How does one side always seem to beat the probability?

Maybe they are smarter and better at creating challenges. Maybe they are better at creating challenges where their side has a clear advantage, but it looks even so the other clan leader accepts it.
  15. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by arbeider
    This is not the clan leagues or the EPL or the NFL. It is not a matter of getting the best players and then you win.

The clan challenge system is built on individual matchups that are supposed to be even. My 1600 against your 1600. My 1500 against your 1500. My 1400 against your 1400. Best out of 6 games gets the spoils.

If one clan wins so many of t ...[text shortened]... s where their side has a clear advantage, but it looks even so the other clan leader accepts it.
    You hit the nail on the head. Well said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree