1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 14:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He said clan leaders, not chicken shack peasants!
    Then why are you responding at all?
    You are no leader....you are a poster boy for the corrupt 4 sisters
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:14
    Originally posted by arbeider
    This is not the clan leagues or the EPL or the NFL. It is not a matter of getting the best players and then you win.

The clan challenge system is built on individual matchups that are supposed to be even. My 1600 against your 1600. My 1500 against your 1500. My 1400 against your 1400. Best out of 6 games gets the spoils.

If one clan wins so many of t ...[text shortened]... s where their side has a clear advantage, but it looks even so the other clan leader accepts it.
    I think you are partially correct here, but some clan leaders take a much different tack on challenges, at least some I have been offered. They frequently do not want to match like caliber against like caliber. They will offer two matches where they are the heavy underdog, two matches where they are the heavy favorite and a swing match that they think they have an edge in. On paper, this looks like a slight edge for the issuing clan. But then a personal emergency occurs in a challenge that they should have won in a cakewalk, and their player gets timed out twice. The rest of the matches go as figured and the rubber match splits. You have now seen your seemingly won match turn into a lost match. It works both ways.

Many clan leaders shy away from an even match. robbie is a prime example of this.
    He will always have the edge or he wont play against tough competition. That is basically because he is not as confident as he leads you to believe. Check and see how many challenges he plays against the first page clans. Metallica will play any clan that will play us. We have repeatedly issued challenges to several clans, such as robbie's clan, and they either bounce back a ridiculously lopsided challenge in their favor, or they just delete the challenge. Some clans just refuse to play us altogether.

You and I have negotiated several challenges. Some you won, some we won. I never held a gun to your head. I also gave reasons why a certain match up wouldn't work or gave me heartburn. There are many clan leaders out there who would say the same. Yet I am frequently vilified by none other than the biggest cheats and whiners on the site.You should make up your own mind about what the truth really is. It is nothing like the false shoutings of the 4 sisters.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:30
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think you are partially correct here, but some clan leaders take a much different tack on challenges, at least some I have been offered. They frequently do not want to match like caliber against like caliber. They will offer two matches where they are the heavy underdog, two matches where they are the heavy favorite and a swing match that they think t ...[text shortened]... wn mind about what the truth really is. It is nothing like the false shoutings of the 4 sisters.
    it's so funny that the biggest cheat on this site plays the victim card
    goober whines when he wins the ladder and cries when he can't
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 15:39
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    it's so funny that the biggest cheat on this site plays the victim card
    goober whines when he wins the ladder and cries when he can't
    Crawl back into your hole. You are just a mouthpiece for the 4 sisters.
  5. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 16:26
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think you are partially correct here, but some clan leaders take a much different tack on challenges, at least some I have been offered. They frequently do not want to match like caliber against like caliber. They will offer two matches where they are the heavy underdog, two matches where they are the heavy favorite and a swing match that they think t ...[text shortened]... wn mind about what the truth really is. It is nothing like the false shoutings of the 4 sisters.
    From my own experience and for the record, every interaction I have had with shortcircuit has been a positive one. We have not always agreed. At some point both of us has not accepted a challenge. However when I have pushed back on a particular matchup he has always been cordial and professional.

And for the record ... I happen to like Robbie and think he is both smart and funny. So go figure.

When you separate the behaviour from the person (they are two different things), I think you will find most people here have good hearts and want this site to be successful. Their methods and online personas however ... well I am glad some people here are not my brother-in-law and at my house every Christmas.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 17:432 edits
    From my own experience and for the record, every interaction I have had with shortcircuit has been a positive one. We have not always agreed. At some point both of us has not accepted a challenge. However when I have pushed back on a particular matchup he has always been cordial and professional.

And for the record ... I happen to like Robbie and think ...[text shortened]... r ... well I am glad some people here are not my brother-in-law and at my house every Christmas.
    Sir,
    Robbie is not only smart and funny, he is also very charming and a smooth talker. We use to be good friends back in the Moderator debates. He backed me up on more than one occassion, I don't forget when people have helped me.

The robbie I see now is a side I didn't even know existed. After the mod debates were done with, I faded away from the forum chat. Then heard about the Collusion Easy Riders are in with Breaking bad, Anti Metallica, & arrow, I found to be unsportsmanlike, disgusting, and to be quite frank CHEATING. That is why I got back into the fray of the clan debates. I had to show (him) my displeasure in what he was doing.

Sometimes what we see on the surface is not what the inside is like. There is a part of me that still likes the robbie I use to know, I have to be honest about that. I just don't care too much for the robbie he is now, and what he is doing to the Clan System. Subscriptions are not being re-newed because of his antics. It is more serious than I believe he even realizes.

I am sure he has told you it is in protest. (Real reason hasn't been able to beat Metallica) All he is accomplishing now is to rip apart the Clan System, in my humble opinion. I want him to see the damage he is doing.

Of course it is up to you to make your own decision on robbie and what he is doing. So far you haven't crossed paths, and everything has been good. I hope it stays that way!!! I wish your Clan Success, except of course against Metallica. 😉

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  7. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 18:441 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    Robbie is not only smart and funny, he is also very charming and a smooth talker. We use to be good friends back in the Moderator debates. He backed me up on more than one occassion, I don't forget when people have helped me.

The robbie I see now is a side I didn't even know existed. After the mod debates were done with, I faded away from the for ...[text shortened]... at way!!! I wish your Clan Success, except of course against Metallica. 😉

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    "I am sure he has told you it is in protest."

This is not true; I have not had any offline conversations about any of this. All my communication has been through this forum.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 18:461 edit
    "I am sure he has told you it is in protest."

This is not true; I have not had any offline conversations about any of this. All my communication has been through this forum.
    Sir,
    I will have to take your word on that, I have no reason to doubt you. It was an assumption on my part. I probably got that from you saying he was smart and funny, thinking you had extensive conversations with him.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  9. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 20:18
    Sir,
    I will have to take your word on that, I have no reason to doubt you. It was an assumption on my part. I probably got that from you saying he was smart and funny, thinking you had extensive conversations with him.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    It does not take long reading this forum (any forum) to recognize who is smart and who has maybe average intelligence. There are not too many chess players with less than average intelligence. More accurately I have not met many.

I think that is why the thumbs down button is anonymous. Players with average intelligence don't necessarily want to advertise it.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 20:242 edits
    It does not take long reading this forum (any forum) to recognize who is smart and who has maybe average intelligence. There are not too many chess players with less than average intelligence. More accurately I have not met many.

I think that is why the thumbs down button is anonymous. Players with average intelligence don't necessarily want to advertise it.
    Sir,
    I don't know how you consider me, and it really doesn't make much difference to me to be honest with you. I don't know rather I have what you consider average intelligence or not. One thing is certain. I do get my point across. 😉 As far as I am concerned the thumbs up down are for people who may be a little shy to voice their opinion. I actually do both!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  11. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 20:28
    Sir,
    I don't know how you consider me, and it really doesn't make much difference to me to be honest with you. I don't know rather I have what you consider average intelligence or not. One thing is certain. I do get my point across. 😉 As far as I am concerned the thumbs up down are for people who may be a little shy to voice their opinion. I actually do both!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    C'mon VR, you are a smart guy and you know it. That it does not make a difference to you what I think hurts my feelings. 😉 I thought we were kind of becoming friends.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jul '16 21:232 edits
    C'mon VR, you are a smart guy and you know it. That it does not make a difference to you what I think hurts my feelings. 😉 I thought we were kind of becoming friends.
    Sir,
    Please do not get me wrong. It doesn't matter to me what ANYONE THINKS, I didn't mean (YOU) specifically.

It certainly wasn't my intent to hurt your feelings. I am not subtle, very blunt, don't sugar coat or candy coat anything. I tell it the way I see it.

That is why you will see in some of my forum posts that I make it a point to say I am speaking for myself not Metallica. That way everyone knows, it is just my opinion not that of the whole Clan. All of my posts are my opinion, doesn't make me right or wrong, just my opinion.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  13. Here
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 06:16
    I started reading this post and was hopeful that there was going to be a sensible discussion ,but once again the whole thing just descends into insult after insult .
    Why bother to have a Clan forum at all ?
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 08:47
    Originally posted by padger
    I started reading this post and was hopeful that there was going to be a sensible discussion ,but once again the whole thing just descends into insult after insult .
    Why bother to have a Clan forum at all ?
    We need it so we do not use the General Forum to insult each other. The trash on that forum get a bit tetchy if we use it.
  15. Here
    Moves
    09 Jul '16 09:27
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    We need it so we do not use the General Forum to insult each other. The trash on that forum get a bit tetchy if we use it.
    Why have a forums at all ?
    Nothing ever gets done
    There is no conclusion
    Russ doesn't seem to care what goes on in them and appears to take no notice of what is put in them anyway

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree