1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 May '22 10:29
    @roma45 said
    The player involved has lost 1061 games by timeouts.
    But you have a problem with 5 games.
    Perhaps the player you are accusing has more real life issues to deal with than make sure he moves in time to keep you happy..😃😃😃😃.
    Perhaps you are focussing on the one player rather than the pattern of thrown challenges between CCCP and Breaking Bad and all the points gained.

The solution is easy. One clan only. What would happen in a football league of players on loan could play against their parent club. Should be that each player has one team. Only change in a transfer window.

Do you really like it as is or won't the 'victory' feel hollow??
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 May '22 10:46
    As someone said earlier,I think the problem occurs when you are leaving one clan to join another.I think there's protections in place to combat clan challenge manipulation when a player is in more than one clan.Also some players will be in clans that are inactive.
    I don't usually bother with the clan tables where the focus is on the net points list,but I had a look today.Another indicator that the clan system is not what it used to be is that my clan,the Yorkshire Laikers are on page one at the moment with only 29 points this year.
    Features have been retired over the years due to lack of interest.Will the clans be the next to go?
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 May '22 10:50
    @relentless-red said
    Perhaps you are focussing on the one player rather than the pattern of thrown challenges between CCCP and Breaking Bad and all the points gained.

The solution is easy. One clan only. What would happen in a football league of players on loan could play against their parent club. Should be that each player has one team. Only change in a transfer window.

You were the one who singled a player out I am answering that question.
    A hollow victory would be like needing 3 transfer windows and 19 points from var to fluke a title.
    63% talk about taking the Michael...😄😄😄😄
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 May '22 11:58
    @roma45 said
    You were the one who singled a player out I am answering that question.
    A hollow victory would be like needing 3 transfer windows and 19 points from var to fluke a title.
    63% talk about taking the Michael...😄😄😄😄
    You want to argue for the status quo and ignore all the points from thrown challenges that's your choice. I'm just saying it makes clan chess pointless and it will kill the clan system which could otherwise be a good feature on this site.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 May '22 15:52
    Maybe time to start a thread in Site Ideas on improvements to the clan feature.
    Russ had actually suggested this and he is open to ideas. ( I think he just doesn't want another 2016 fiasco).

I have some general ideas bouncing around. But I have a bit going on at the moment.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 May '22 16:47
    @relentless-red said
    You want to argue for the status quo and ignore all the points from thrown challenges that's your choice. I'm just saying it makes clan chess pointless and it will kill the clan system which could otherwise be a good feature on this site.
    Got solid proof
    Simply send feedback
    Put up or shout up.
    My last post on the subject on here.
    I remember the last time I got involved..
    Look at Liverpool challenge results..vipers nest ready to be exposed
    But I have better things to do.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 May '22 17:51
    @mghrn55 said
    Russ had actually suggested this and he is open to ideas. ( I think he just doesn't want another 2016 fiasco).

I have some general ideas bouncing around. But I have a bit going on at the moment.
    I'd like to know when you do that as I would be interested in your ideas.

I don't believe anyone wants another 2016 fiasco!

-VR
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 May '22 18:34
    @roma45 said
    Got solid proof
    Simply send feedback
    Put up or shout up.
    My last post on the subject on here.
    I remember the last time I got involved..
    Look at Liverpool challenge results..vipers nest ready to be exposed
    But I have better things to do.
    Of course, I will.

No vipers in Liverpool's challenges.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 May '22 20:541 edit
    @relentless-red said

I wouldn't be so quick in counting IVV and Metallica out of the race as it is early yet.

I was with Metallica long enough to know they can bounce back.

Bobla45 is back now and he doesn't lose many games, especially when he needs the win. I think you will see Metallica with a big drive in the next month or two.

-VR
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 May '22 18:58
    @very-rusty said
    I wouldn't be so quick in counting IVV and Metallica out of the race as it is early yet.

I was with Metallica long enough to know they can bounce back.

Bobla45 is back now and he doesn't lose many games, especially when he needs the win. I think you will see Metallica with a big drive in the next month or two.

-VR
    😁😁😁😁
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 May '22 19:22
    @mghrn55 said
    😁😁😁😁
    Yes, I am sure not only you are happy about him coming back to clan.

One person can make a big difference, maybe not the Team/Clan but certainly can make the difference as I've always said. Nice to see you get back one of our old Clan members. I mean that sincerely.

-VR
  12. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 May '22 09:55
    @mghrn55 said

See this thread.

Thread 193231
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '22 12:322 edits
    @vespin said
    There is a page where a leader can see where a player is playing for more then one clan and still see where the points are going. You just have to look for that page. If I can find the link I will post it. Bill, when you came in, I knew which points went to Metallica and which ones went to BB. I could probably go back and find it. Unless I am way off. But I am fairly sure I know where the page is.
    VESPIN,

You will find in many of those games I was with Metallica then shifted over to Breaking Bad. It does get rather confusing to me. Look at the games I won while with Metallica on the way out the door, please. They can be viewed in my Clan Games where the view feature is shown all you have to do is press on it. That is all I get to see, my friend.

VR
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 May '22 12:11
    The clan system was doomedfrom early on.

The question of fair challenges is one that has been here at least since the time I am a member.
    The question of cheaters was virulent since those days.

Regardless how you make rules, there are always people who try to find a way to bend them that they get an advantage. It might bessen as "unfair" by most, but they just knock on "legal" (Breaking only the spirit, not the wording of a rule.

If you want to compete in teams ghor for a real chess club.

btw. I have played fro several clans and never had any problems with loyality.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 May '22 12:30
    I’m in 3 clans, though with such an “impressive” rating my challenges are few and far between. When engaged in a challenge, via a clan, I play with binders on. I see only the match, rarely noticing that it’s a clan challenge. Clan matches, when I see that they are actually clan matches, are the only time I take a skull and even then, as my clan matches are usually with opponents with the same person, I, on occasion, PM them first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree