1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 17:22
    Man-apes were straving, right? Right.

They were starving because of the draught not bringing forth food and water, right? Right.

How, then, did the hogs get to be so full of fat and muscle?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    11 May '09 18:15
    I don't understand! But no one understands that movie anyway.

But here is the short, understandable version:

YouTube
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 May '09 18:24
    Originally posted by znsho
    Man-apes were straving, right? Right.

They were starving because of the draught not bringing forth food and water, right? Right.

How, then, did the hogs get to be so full of fat and muscle?
    The apes were straving? Starving?
    That's got nothing to do with the story.

The monkeys evolve (into humans).
    The humans evolve and go and find that which created the monkeys in the first place.
  4. Standard memberal68
    wimbledon champ
    on the green grass
    Moves
    11 May '09 19:07
    Sigh!!
    "They were starving because of the draught",must have been really chilly all those millions of years ago,lol.
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 19:541 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The apes were straving? Starving?
    That's got nothing to do with the story.

The monkeys evolve (into humans).
    The humans evolve and go and find that which created the monkeys in the first place.
    It has got everything to do with the story.

Man-Apes, with the beginings of intelligence, were about to die out. Why? Because there was not enough food around. The first scenes emphasise this - little water, very little plant life, dry, hot Sun etc.

All around is food for the man-apes - hogs.

My question is, from where did the hogs get their fat-building, muscle-building food? The hogs were faced with the same drought problem.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:20

Man-Apes, with the beginings of intelligence, were about to die out. Why? Because there was not enough food around. The first scenes emphasise this - little water, very little plant life, dry, hot Sun etc.

My question is, from where did the hogs get their fat-building, muscle-building food? The hogs were faced with the same drought problem.
    From the bones they were throwing around! Duh!

Actually, I found this movie incomprehensible as well.
  7. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:30

they weren't hogs

they were tapirs
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:44
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    they weren't hogs

they were tapirs
    I agree. They were tapirs. My question is still valid.
  9. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:46
    Originally posted by scherzo
    From the bones they were throwing around! Duh!

Actually, I found this movie incomprehensible as well.
    I do not find the film incomprehensible. The message is clear, though scientifiaclly flawed.

My question is simply pragmatic, designed to cause trouble. A bit like FMF.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:53
    I do not find the film incomprehensible. The message is clear, though scientifiaclly flawed.

I loathe pragmatism.

And the message to me seemed to be "don't ever try to watch this ..."
  11. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:11

Ok I'll bite. The tapirs could eat the grass and the grains the evolving apes could not and they also fed off the dead of the starving apes. Plot hole filled. You could use some more willing suspension of disbelief or you might find yourself in the annoying circle of nerdom. ( no offence I have been pulled out many times)
  12. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:15
    I loathe pragmatism.

And the message to me seemed to be "don't ever try to watch this ..."
    Watch it again, with the message clear.

Man-apes were about to die out. Aliens found that disturbing. Aliens helped Man-apes. Sent computer (the monolith) to teach man-apes how to survive. Man-apes survived by the sword.

Aliens realised that man-apes would need further help. Aliens planted 'trap' to alert aliens when man-apes needed further re-direction.

Trap activated. Aliens, perspicasiously, arranged for human's next 'education'.

Star-child, Bowman, destroyed 'star-wars' weapons. Star-child marked beginning of next phase of human (intelligent) evolution.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:18
    Watch it again, with the message clear.

Man-apes were about to die out. Aliens found that disturbing. Aliens helped Man-apes. Sent computer (the monolith) to teach man-apes how to survive. Man-apes survived by the sword.

Aliens realised that man-apes would need further help. Aliens planted 'trap' to alert aliens when man-apes needed further re-direction. ...[text shortened]... ars' weapons. Star-child marked beginning of next phase of human (intelligent) evolution.
    But human evolution no longer exists. Natural selection in the human population is basically not allowed.
  14. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:21
    Originally posted by StTito
    Ok I'll bite. The tapirs could eat the grass and the grains the evolving apes could not and they also fed off the dead of the starving apes. Plot hole filled. You could use some more willing suspension of disbelief or you might find yourself in the annoying circle of nerdom. ( no offence I have been pulled out many times)
    Agreed. The Tapirs had a better, more efficient, biochemistry making use of nearly all of the energy of the sparse vegitation / other energy soucres.
  15. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 21:22
    But human evolution no longer exists. Natural selection in the human population is basically not allowed.
    Yes it is!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree