1. the highway to hell
    Moves
    08 May '08 09:16
    watched a tv snoop-umentary about amy winehouse the other night, it struck me that in a case such as hers, the 2 great albums she has done are significant and worthy but she is not. talent is indiscriminate like a lightning strike.
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 May '08 15:53
    Originally posted by eamon o
    watched a tv snoop-umentary about amy winehouse the other night, it struck me that in a case such as hers, the 2 great albums she has done are significant and worthy but she is not. talent is indiscriminate like a lightning strike.
    agreed. On his show the other night, Olbermann mentioned a baseball player who won the first 10 games he pitched in the major leagues, winning most of them 1-0 ! He then faded into obscurity with a .500 winning percentage thereafter. Lightning strike indeed.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 May '08 16:09
    The girl swings. I eat her music up.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 May '08 01:21
    Originally posted by eamon o
    At least she's getting some run BEFORE she ends up killing herself one way or another. Usually we need to see these people die before we realize their music is good.

As for me, I'm not hooked on her music. I'm sure I've heard a song or two of hers... but I just have not latched on.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree