Amy Winehouse found dead today

Amy Winehouse found dead today

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
23 Jul 11

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse-dead-singer_n_907753.html?ncid=webmail1#s314557&title=Rehab

Not a shock, but what a disappointment. I found this troubled singer to have as good of phrasing and with such a keen sense of inventiveness and interpretation of anyone singing today.

Pisses me off.

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
23 Jul 11

Originally posted by badmoon
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse-dead-singer_n_907753.html?ncid=webmail1#s314557&title=Rehab

Not a shock, but what a disappointment. I found this troubled singer to have as good of phrasing and with such a keen sense of inventiveness and interpretation of anyone singing today.

Pisses me off.
indeed not really a shock at all, always felt like it was going to happen at some point, she joins the famous 27 club

Moves
23 Jul 11

Drug and alcohol abuse are always symptomatic of the deeper, underlying problem. The insidious thing about drug abuse is that it ironically becomes the greater problem. Some people are simply not capable of effectively resolving either problem. It's a human tragedy that's played out in far more lives than just the famous. At the same time I'm saddened about another premature death, I'm saddened for all persons that can't find help in a society that places far less importance on the mental and emotional welfare of those persons than it should.

T

Moves
24 Jul 11

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
indeed not really a shock at all, always felt like it was going to happen at some point, she joins the famous 27 club
True, she would have turned 28 in September. That didn't give her much time, so she had to act quickly

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
24 Jul 11

Originally posted by TheBloop
True, she would have turned 28 in September. That didn't give her much time, so she had to act quickly
Have you ever had a happy moment in your life. Egads what a negative person you project to be.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

I regret her death. Commiserations to those who loved her and who must have been so worried for her as she lived her life chaotically and in such a whirl of anger and self-harming despair and mistreatment at the hands of men. I quite enjoyed one of her records and played it a few times. I wasn't deeply taken with it, however, as it was just yet another 'revival' of something done better in an earlier era, a kind of pastiche, the kind of revisit & repackage thing that the U.K. music industry has been doing so much of for the last twenty years. As for cultural significance, the comparisons to Hendrix and Morrison are not valid beyond the age-at-time-of-death coincidence. What a tragic death.

ZB

Moves
25 Jul 11
1 edit

She had to die soon, look at her face:

http://www.holytaco.com/amy-winehouse-has-world-worst-face

And that's from 3 years ago

s

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by Badwater
Drug and alcohol abuse are always symptomatic of the deeper, underlying problem. The insidious thing about drug abuse is that it ironically becomes the greater problem. Some people are simply not capable of effectively resolving either problem. It's a human tragedy that's played out in far more lives than just the famous. At the same time I'm saddened about ...[text shortened]... es far less importance on the mental and emotional welfare of those persons than it should.
Regrettably, it is not up to society, but to those suffering the scourge of drug addiction to want to change. Blamming it on society is just another way of enabling these pathetic, sick creatures who never seem to want to help themselves. It is a human tragedy, like you say, but an individual one for there are far fewer addicts than regular people.

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
I regret her death.
did you kill her?