1. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 06:37
    Did you see the story from Knoxville about the kid with a disease that left him completely bald from age 3 on? After years of teasing and bullying, some other kid shot him to death. I hope the prosecutors seek and get the death penalty for the perpetrator.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:49
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Did you see the story from Knoxville about the kid with a disease that left him completely bald from age 3 on? After years of teasing and bullying, some other kid shot him to death. I hope the prosecutors seek and get the death penalty for the perpetrator.
    Death penalty? Do you believe that Jesus would support that?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 22:36
    That's terrible really terrible. The poor kid and his family they must be bewildered with the human nature they have seen. Two wrongs don't make a right though. While they are the first questions the parents will ask, why and who, it won't bring back their child to kill another. Also it won't be one single person it'll be a weak child who wanted to look big to the bullies and all are to blame. Or maybe it's their parents who are to blame becasue they raised their childern to be bullies......nothing will bring back the child anyway but talking to the childern involved might stop a second child being bullied in this boys absence.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 22:55
    Don't you have to be 18 to be given that sentence? The boys are 15
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 23:03
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Don't you have to be 18 to be given that sentence? The boys are 15
    "In March 2005, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty for those who had committed their crimes at under 18 years of age was cruel and unusual punishment and hence barred by the Constitution."
  6. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 01:35
    yeah. i live about 20 minutes away and it was all over local news. our teachers didnt bother to tell us about it or anything even though some of our students probably knew one of the kids involved.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 20:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Death penalty? Do you believe that Jesus would support that?
    Never said anything about Jesus, but I s'pose He wouldn't. I however, am not He 🙂
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 20:28
    Never said anything about Jesus, but I s'pose He wouldn't. I however, am not He 🙂
    I know you didn't say anything about Jesus. I just wanted you to think about what you are saying. Killing another human being is wrong. Killing another human being for vengeance is wrong. Killing a fifteen year old for vengeance is an abomination. It seems to me that one of the foundations of the teachings of Jesus is that everyone has the capacity to come to live a life of truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Killing another human being takes away that possibility. It is more likely that a young person will come to righteousness in his lifetime for two reasons: 1) he is more likely to live longer 2) he is much less set in his ways.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 02:52
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I know you didn't say anything about Jesus. I just wanted you to think about what you are saying. Killing another human being is wrong. Killing another human being for vengeance is wrong. Killing a fifteen year old for vengeance is an abomination. It seems to me that one of the foundations of the teachings of Jesus is that everyone has the capacity to com ...[text shortened]... fetime for two reasons: 1) he is more likely to live longer 2) he is much less set in his ways.
    If the Bible did not allow for capital punishment, I'd agree with you ToO, but I believe some crimes are so heinous as to warrant the death penalty, regardless of the age of the perp.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 04:47
    too bad the teachers didn't have guns or they could have just shot the kid that did the shooting and saved the taxpayers the bother of the trial...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree