Originally posted by shahenshah
    How about Masterchef Australia?
    Are you serious?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 06:39
    Since Seinfeld and South Park the only tv series I have bothered with is Big Bang Theory. That Sheldon is a riot.
  3. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 04:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Are you serious?
    Hi Karoly,
    Well, this thread is the "any quality TV show".

There is another thread for the "Good quality TV", if you want to be serious.
    😀
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 22:50
    The initial episode of Hell on Wheels was interesting with a strong cast. Darn it that they killed the chief from Monk who was from Silence of the Lambs.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 07:09
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    Hi Karoly,
    Well, this thread is the "any quality TV show".

There is another thread for the "Good quality TV", if you want to be serious.
    😀
    Oh!
    Yes, I had it confused.

I have trouble accosiating the words "quality" and "tv show".
    I'd rather watch repeats of Seinfeld or ths Simpsons than any of those crap cop shows which seem to be never ending.
    Even Spongebob is better for me.
    Whats worse is that they put more and more ads and make them louder while claiming that they aren't.
    I just watched X-men the other night and I counted 5 ad breaks in the first hour!
    These guys have got to be kidding.
    I am just going to have to leave the tv off and rent movies from the dvd shop until some law is implemented to minimize tv ads.
    I remember that in Hungary they would have one major ad break about 2/3 of the way through a movie and then bung in fifteen minutes worth of ads then. Perfect for a toilet break and making a cup of tea.
    no one here even seems to care that childrens programs are littered with advertising. As I understand it many European countries have implemented laws to limit or ban ads during kids shows.
    What is wrong with aussies? I think most of them have lived with it all their lives so they think it is normal to have literally a 100+ ads during the course of one movie.
    It's just disgusting. And pay tv is only a little better.
    You'd think that if you pay for your tv programs then they would not be interrupted by ads. Wrong!
    😞
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '11 17:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have trouble accosiating the words "quality" and "tv show".
    I'd rather watch repeats of Seinfeld or ths Simpsons
    Then, beg pardon, it's no wonder you don't associate TV shows with quality. Seinfeld... harumph. Seinfeld is the definition of "stand-up comedy without the comedy".

Whats worse is that they put more and more ads and make them louder while claiming that they aren't.

I don't think they're getting louder over here, but they're certainly not getting less loud, either. As for the amount, well, that's regulated in my country. They can't go overboard, and non-commercial channels have rather fewer than the commercial ones. Of course, we can also get Auntie, who doesn't have any... except for herself 😠!

I am just going to have to leave the tv off and rent movies from the dvd shop until some law is implemented to minimize tv ads.

My telly is about to give up its life. I am seriously considering not buying a new one for a while. I have a lot of books to get through, for one.

As I understand it many European countries have implemented laws to limit or ban ads during kids shows.

Yup. Mine has. There's no outright ban, but I do think they're even more limited in number than adult shows - and of course, there are certain things they cannot advertise around children's shows.

What is wrong with aussies?

Ask a Kiwi, mate 😉.

Richard
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Nov '11 22:03
    I'm an Aussie, and I don't watch ads on TV. Haven't you heard of PVRs? Give them a list of your favourite shows, then forget about watching live. When it suits you to settle down for a TV session, pick the program you feel like watching right now, skip through the ads. Coffee breaks whenever you want to click the Pause button, rewind if you miss something critical because the phone rings.

Just be careful not to buy the kind of PVR that doesn't allow you to skip ads. Fast-forward doesn't cut it.
  8. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 08:24
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm an Aussie, and I don't watch ads on TV.. PVR
    That's giving it to them!
    BTW, what is PVR? 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree