1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 20:29
    I went into a movie theatre last week to watch Atomic Blonde. Not a bad movie, but in the lobby was Star Wars arcade games, a poster hinting at the next James Bond release, and posters about Despicable Me and Wonder Woman. 3 out of 4 of these have been around for more than 40 years, the other was a cartoon. Is this all they have left, retro movies and cartoons? I know there are a few exceptions, but are there any real blockbuster movie ideas left, or have the producers simply run out of ideas?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 00:17
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I went into a movie theatre last week to watch Atomic Blonde. Not a bad movie, but in the lobby was Star Wars arcade games, a poster hinting at the next James Bond release, and posters about Despicable Me and Wonder Woman. 3 out of 4 of these have been around for more than 40 years, the other was a cartoon. Is this all they have left, retro movies and cartoo ...[text shortened]... are there any real blockbuster movie ideas left, or have the producers simply run out of ideas?
    There are lots of brilliant, creative ideas out there..just not really at the cinema. Look elsewhere for your entertainment(unfortunately)
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:30
    I went into a movie theatre last week to watch Atomic Blonde. Not a bad movie, but in the lobby was Star Wars arcade games, a poster hinting at the next James Bond release, and posters about Despicable Me and Wonder Woman. 3 out of 4 of these have been around for more than 40 years, the other was a cartoon. Is this all they have left, retro movies and cartoo ...[text shortened]... are there any real blockbuster movie ideas left, or have the producers simply run out of ideas?
    Producers these days have to make money for the studio or they're out on their ear.

No one wants to take a chance on unproven (no films to their credit) authors. Lots of good books and book series out there but lately the only ones wanting to take a chance on them are subscription channels (HBO, Netflix, Starz, the Sci-Fi channel).

Personally, I'd like to see someone pick up the 'Wheel of Time' series, or maybe the Thomas Covenant series. The Chronicles of Amber might also not be half bad.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 03:13
    YouTube : Back to the Future Clip
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 19:03
    Producers never did have any ideas, not for decades. And I'd blame Hollywood, but really, it's the fault of the self-dumbing-down by the Great American Public. People, not only but especially in that country, want to see Marvel Xerox Hero #1 Fights Marvel Stencil Villain #2, and they don't want to see anything which even hints at threatening to make them think. Can't blame the studios for not shooting films they know will lose them money, or for shooting dreck they know will sell to the imbecile in front of the screen.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 02:49
    They could make a decent "Brave New World" movie.

That book seems to be made for screen

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree