1. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 18:44
    I've just finished recording some traditional celtic/ mixed in with some modern touch of drum set, electric bass and electric guitar. Still using acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin, flute, violin for the more traditional aspects. Just looking for some international feedback.
    I could email you MP3's or send you to youtube links.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:43
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    I've just finished recording some traditional celtic/ mixed in with some modern touch of drum set, electric bass and electric guitar. Still using acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin, flute, violin for the more traditional aspects. Just looking for some international feedback.
    send them to me!
  3. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:46
    i'll listen.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 01:291 edit
    Come Out Ye Black and Tans

YouTube

Armored Cars, Tanks and Guns Came to Take Our Sons...

YouTube
  5. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Come Out Ye Black and Tans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAOW23GnFM

Armored Cars, Tanks and Guns Came to Take Our Sons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZMspl_-nVI
    Black & Tans is one of the tunes we cover. I think our version is more angry.

I thank you in advance for your feedback, everyone above has been sent one form or another.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 08:151 edit
    Black & Tans is one of the tunes we cover. I think our version is more angry.

I thank you in advance for your feedback, everyone above has been sent one form or another.
    loved emm, every one, modern and traditional instruments sit very well, drumms do a good job of emulation of bodhran (boran) in points, celebrates what Scots and Irish do best, drink, dance and sing songs of ancient glory! My only criticism and its just a matter of personal taste was that the electric guitar on the first track was a little dry, i felt it could have done with a wee touch of chorus just to sweeten it a little, but its every man to their own - thanks for sending - kind regards robbie 🙂
  7. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 13:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    loved emm, every one, modern and traditional instruments sit very well, drumms do a good job of emulation of bodhran (boran) in points, celebrates what Scots and Irish do best, drink, dance and sing songs of ancient glory! My only criticism and its just a matter of personal taste was that the electric guitar on the first track was a little dry, i fe ...[text shortened]... weeten it a little, but its every man to their own - thanks for sending - kind regards robbie 🙂
    Yeah, I should have stayed for the mix down, I would have caught that, hopefully.
    I hear what you mean, I was thinking echo & reverb. If I get a chance for remix, I'll try the chorusing though.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 14:52
    Yeah, I should have stayed for the mix down, I would have caught that, hopefully.
    I hear what you mean, I was thinking echo & reverb. If I get a chance for remix, I'll try the chorusing though.
    yeah, a wee bit of reverb and some echo would do the trick as well, awesome feel to the thing though, it almost has a live feel to it.
  9. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 03:09
    Here's the third in the trilogy:

YouTube
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 11:321 edit
    I'd like a listen! I do irish acoustic also, just finished two gigs, one a civil war ballroom dance where we played for 3 hours, a lot of Irish, Scots, British, and American tunes, the other my wife and I in a local performance, also a few Irish, Scots and American tunes and songs. She plays lap dulcimer and bodhran and sings, I play guitar, mandolin, banjo, autoharp and fiddle.
    I think by now everyone has heard my own myspace stuff, if not, I can give it to those who want it.
  11. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'd like a listen! I do irish acoustic also, just finished two gigs, one a civil war ballroom dance where we played for 3 hours, a lot of Irish, Scots, British, and American tunes, the other my wife and I in a local performance, also a few Irish, Scots and American tunes and songs. She plays lap dulcimer and bodhran and sings, I play guitar, mandolin, banjo ...[text shortened]... ink by now everyone has heard my own myspace stuff, if not, I can give it to those who want it.
    I'd love to get "upstate" and see you perform sometime. I'm hopin' to take this new ensemble, we call "Twirlin Martha" perhaps up to the Irish festival in Bethlehem next year.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 07:40
    I'd love to get "upstate" and see you perform sometime. I'm hopin' to take this new ensemble, we call "Twirlin Martha" perhaps up to the Irish festival in Bethlehem next year.
    Sounds great! Come up to my place and we can toss a few!
  13. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 01:59
    Luke Kelly. A favourite of mine. YouTube
  14. Standard memberpdunne
    Badmaster
    freeshell.de/~dunne
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 07:10
    "Armored Cars, Tanks and Guns Came to Take Our Sons... "

The name of that song is "The Men Behind the Wire".
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 19:10
    Originally posted by murphius
    Luke Kelly. A favourite of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ckznQP2FA
    A great singer who died in 1984, one of the Dubliners. RIP.
    My best friend also died of a brain tumor, a genius singer/songwriter in Jerusalem, lived only to 50. Ray Scudero, he is missed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree