1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 00:451 edit
    guys i am trying to trace an American guitarist , youngish (at the time) white dude with blonde hair(very clean look), i think he had quite a famous band when he was very younger , who covers this and some other Hendrix numbers. he has been around for quite a few years now. i remember seeing him play this awesome version of youtube, it just seemed strange , because he kinda looked so clean cut and all, but there he was, playing the solo from are you experienced almost note for note. there was a humorous point in the performance when he lifted his strat up towards the mike and tried to get some feedback, it was rather tame compared to jimmy's, never the less, any ideas who this mystery American guitarist might be, most obliged for any suggestions, sorry i dont have more details than that.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 00:55
    its ok, i found it, Eric Johnson

YouTube&feature=related
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 03:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its ok, i found it, Eric Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3-FiUCj8U&feature=related
    He's good, but he's no Gary Moore. Moore is as good as Clapton and other first tier guitarists!

YouTube
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 11:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    He's good, but he's no Gary Moore. Moore is as good as Clapton and other first tier guitarists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYjEMTQRm0
    this chick would leave Garry Moore smoking like a kipper!

YouTube
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 12:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gee_gspi4Ew
    But you can't beat the original at his best.

YouTube
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 13:031 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    But you can't beat the original at his best.

no that is true my friend, and rather timely his estate are now issuing some unreleased material, should be interesting, showing his dynamics and artistry in the studio. which drummers do you rate Noobster? Ian Paice is probably my favourite.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:00

Not worthy to wipe Moore's Strat with a tear soaked wipey. She's pretty good for a young chick, just a few years away. Moore, IMHO, is one of the best lesser known guitarists out there. Even BBKing says so! Never mentione chicks and kipper in the same sentence. The feminists might gethcha!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:20
    Not worthy to wipe Moore's Strat with a tear soaked wipey. She's pretty good for a young chick, just a few years away. Moore, IMHO, is one of the best lesser known guitarists out there. Even BBKing says so! Never mentione chicks and kipper in the same sentence. The feminists might gethcha!
    Moore is but a mere disciple of the greatest living blues-man , Peter Green (peace be upon him for a thousand generations). shhhhhhh youre right, them chicks get uptight, man you should of seen what happened to me because of the Sade post.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:29
    Moore is but a mere disciple of the greatest living blues-man , Peter Green (peace be upon him for a thousand generations). shhhhhhh youre right, them chicks get uptight, man you should of seen what happened to me because of the Sade post.
    Ah, the great Peter Green, mentor of many and the most influential, lesser known modern musician if you ask me. I do believe he even had some behind the scenes influence on Hendrix!

Beware of the fury of a feminist smelling insult, real or imagined. They'll even try and sit on your face during their menses and give you real kipper as punishment!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:36
    Ah, the great Peter Green, mentor of many and the most influential, lesser known modern musician if you ask me. I do believe he even had some behind the scenes influence on Hendrix!

Beware of the fury of a feminist smelling insult, real or imagined. They'll even try and sit on your face during their menses and give you real kipper as punishment!
    uugh please.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 15:03
    uugh please.
    Ugh, indeed. Please forgive my nasty visuals. But back to Green. He is truly extraordinary, but he's no BBKing. My wife and son jsut went to a BBKing concert Jan 3 and raved about how the old dude still plays up quite the storm! BBKing holds Green in highest regard.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 15:41
    Ugh, indeed. Please forgive my nasty visuals. But back to Green. He is truly extraordinary, but he's no BBKing. My wife and son jsut went to a BBKing concert Jan 3 and raved about how the old dude still plays up quite the storm! BBKing holds Green in highest regard.
    i went to see BB King also, at the concert hall in Glasgow, he was alright, sat down for most of the concert though, which was a novel experience. more used to being in the mosh pit and doing some variation of the pogo! Deborah Harry, she was awesome, as was Johnny Rotten.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 15:521 edit
    i went to see BB King also, at the concert hall in Glasgow, he was alright, sat down for most of the concert though, which was a novel experience. more used to being in the mosh pit and doing some variation of the pogo! Deborah Harry, she was awesome, as was Johnny Rotten.
    My first wife looked just like Deborah Harry( in brunette model), but could not sing nor have children so I dumped her for my Italian diva who can't sing either but gave me the most extraordinary children and is a really great woman. I also got tired of people asking her(first wifey) to sing in public because of her looks and instead of doing Harry embarrasing me by singing obscure folk songs waaayy out of tune and demanding applause and a record deal!

But I digress. Harry was indeed a cool operator and a real looker. Johnny Rotten is unique! BBKing is a gifted musician. He sits because he's infirm and that was the style back then until someone invented the guitar strap. Who's better is a matter of opinion and conjecture, as always, because tastes influence our preference. Do you like Duane Allman? Now there's a scintillating talent who left us too young! I have also always been fond of Alvin Lee of Ten Years After. Brad Paisley is extraordinary and a wasted talent on goofball songs. He still laughs all the way to the bank!
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 19:011 edit
    no that is true my friend, and rather timely his estate are now issuing some unreleased material, should be interesting, showing his dynamics and artistry in the studio. which drummers do you rate Noobster? Ian Paice is probably my favourite.
    So many drummers to name Rob. Check out Stanton Moore, king of the New Orleans groove.

YouTube

Any band that has a sousaphone in it has to be killer.

Joseph 'Zigaboo' Modeliste of The Meters. The original New Orleans Funk.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree