1. Joined
    01 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 04:00
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?
    Name any artist you love that can be found on the web.

I'm a ceramic artist and sculptor. My roots are in Japanese-style wheel thrown work and mixed media (primarily ceramic) sculpture.
    I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the idea of a 25 pound pawn.

A contemporary sculptor/artist I'm into (who happens to live in my area): Tim Hawkinson
    http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
    This is the best link I could find on him.
    Cheers.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 11:53
    Originally posted by xnomanx
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?

I'm a ceramic artist and sculptor. My roots are in Japanese-style wheel thrown work and mixed media (primarily ceramic) sculpture.
    I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the i ...[text shortened]... ww.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
    Cheers.
    Here are two illustrations I've done:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/rabbit.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/3littlepigs.jpg
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 19:27
    A. Tomorad

He made this demonic bust out of clay that scared the crap outta people. He also was kickass at Megaman.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 21:31
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?

I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the i ...[text shortened]... ww.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
    Cheers.
    I am a musician and composer. I play piano and trumpet.
  5. Standard memberP3ri
    Cute & Lethal
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 23:581 edit
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?
    Guilty as charged, your honour.

I'm into textile arts, more spesifically needlearts (at the moment, even though I have been done a bit this and a bit of that (woven/ printed textiles, ceramics etc.)) and my artistic obsession actualizes in designing counted cross stitch. (No roses and such, mind you.)

And like any good artist I don't make a decent living with it. 😉
  6. Club 64
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 01:29
    Originally posted by scherzo
    I am a musician and composer. I play piano and trumpet.
    I'm somewhat of the same myself. I play piano, guitar, and mandolin. What kind of music do you compose?
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 02:17
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?

Cheers.
    im in highschool and take art classes seriously but according to a judge of a contest i recently had to enter for my school, i have good ideas but need improvement in execution of my ideas. i havent been privileged enough to have any one on one education in art and ive had big class rooms that slow me down and/or aren't serious about it like i am. as a result, i haven't learned much; all i can do is 2D work currently and i prefer things such as prisma colors and pens that don't smear and don't need to be painted. i believe i have the mind of an artist but i don't believe i'm deserving of the title "artist" because i am not very good.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 03:23
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    im in highschool and take art classes seriously but according to a judge of a contest i recently had to enter for my school, i have good ideas but need improvement in execution of my ideas. i havent been privileged enough to have any one on one education in art and ive had big class rooms that slow me down and/or aren't serious about it like i am. as a ...[text shortened]... tist but i don't believe i'm deserving of the title "artist" because i am not very good.
    Got any samples you can show us? I used to do a lot of work with Prisma pencils back before they invented computers.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 15:57
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Got any samples you can show us? I used to do a lot of work with Prisma pencils back before they invented computers.
    i dont have anything online sorry, but i think i might have some stuff i scanned and can send by email.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 16:48
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i dont have anything online sorry, but i think i might have some stuff i scanned and can send by email.
    Can you put it up on a site like Photobucket.com so others can see?
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 00:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Can you put it up on a site like Photobucket.com so others can see?
    ill have to check it out, ive never been there before
  12. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 22:21
    Any out there?
    What do you do/create?
    I do a little oil painting.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 22:33
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    I'm somewhat of the same myself. I play piano, guitar, and mandolin. What kind of music do you compose?
    I write film music. Mostly classical.
  14. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 23:19
    I paint with acrylics, have tried modeling and have done many sketches in pencil. But I'm hardly an artist!
  15. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 00:30
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    I paint with acrylics, have tried modeling and have done many sketches in pencil. But I'm hardly an artist!
    Er, ah, could you please Photobucket model picys? Please! You have natural beauty.

Granny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree