Artists?

Artists?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x

Moves
27 Feb 08

Any out there?
What do you do/create?
Name any artist you love that can be found on the web.

I'm a ceramic artist and sculptor. My roots are in Japanese-style wheel thrown work and mixed media (primarily ceramic) sculpture.
I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the idea of a 25 pound pawn.

A contemporary sculptor/artist I'm into (who happens to live in my area): Tim Hawkinson
http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
This is the best link I could find on him.
Cheers.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Feb 08

Originally posted by xnomanx
Any out there?
What do you do/create?

I'm a ceramic artist and sculptor. My roots are in Japanese-style wheel thrown work and mixed media (primarily ceramic) sculpture.
I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the i ...[text shortened]... ww.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
Cheers.
Here are two illustrations I've done:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/rabbit.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/3littlepigs.jpg

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
27 Feb 08

A. Tomorad

He made this demonic bust out of clay that scared the crap outta people. He also was kickass at Megaman.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
27 Feb 08

Any out there?
What do you do/create?

I got bored on the wheel today and threw a 25 pound solid pawn, about 16" tall. Could've done it lighter/hollow, but liked the i ...[text shortened]... ww.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/hawkinson/
Cheers.
I am a musician and composer. I play piano and trumpet.

P
Cute & Lethal

Moves
27 Feb 08
1 edit

Any out there?
What do you do/create?
Guilty as charged, your honour.

I'm into textile arts, more spesifically needlearts (at the moment, even though I have been done a bit this and a bit of that (woven/ printed textiles, ceramics etc.)) and my artistic obsession actualizes in designing counted cross stitch. (No roses and such, mind you.)

And like any good artist I don't make a decent living with it. 😉

I

Club 64

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by scherzo
I am a musician and composer. I play piano and trumpet.
I'm somewhat of the same myself. I play piano, guitar, and mandolin. What kind of music do you compose?

E

Moves
02 Mar 08

Any out there?
What do you do/create?

Cheers.
im in highschool and take art classes seriously but according to a judge of a contest i recently had to enter for my school, i have good ideas but need improvement in execution of my ideas. i havent been privileged enough to have any one on one education in art and ive had big class rooms that slow me down and/or aren't serious about it like i am. as a result, i haven't learned much; all i can do is 2D work currently and i prefer things such as prisma colors and pens that don't smear and don't need to be painted. i believe i have the mind of an artist but i don't believe i'm deserving of the title "artist" because i am not very good.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
im in highschool and take art classes seriously but according to a judge of a contest i recently had to enter for my school, i have good ideas but need improvement in execution of my ideas. i havent been privileged enough to have any one on one education in art and ive had big class rooms that slow me down and/or aren't serious about it like i am. as a ...[text shortened]... tist but i don't believe i'm deserving of the title "artist" because i am not very good.
Got any samples you can show us? I used to do a lot of work with Prisma pencils back before they invented computers.

E

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by rwingett
Got any samples you can show us? I used to do a lot of work with Prisma pencils back before they invented computers.
i dont have anything online sorry, but i think i might have some stuff i scanned and can send by email.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
i dont have anything online sorry, but i think i might have some stuff i scanned and can send by email.
Can you put it up on a site like Photobucket.com so others can see?

E

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by rwingett
Can you put it up on a site like Photobucket.com so others can see?
ill have to check it out, ive never been there before

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
03 Mar 08

Any out there?
What do you do/create?
I do a little oil painting.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ironstar
I'm somewhat of the same myself. I play piano, guitar, and mandolin. What kind of music do you compose?
I write film music. Mostly classical.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
03 Mar 08

I paint with acrylics, have tried modeling and have done many sketches in pencil. But I'm hardly an artist!

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
I paint with acrylics, have tried modeling and have done many sketches in pencil. But I'm hardly an artist!
Er, ah, could you please Photobucket model picys? Please! You have natural beauty.

Granny.