Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 01 Sep '11 19:28
    India Arie ~ While My Guitar Gently Weeps

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sss9bSdIOc&feature=related
  2. 01 Sep '11 20:26
    Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails.
  3. 01 Sep '11 20:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    India Arie ~ While My Guitar Gently Weeps

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sss9bSdIOc&feature=related
    I don't know about awesome, but I'm glad they were done.

    Sophie Milman Undun

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgbWlm8j0c

    Covering:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_gxQt-bhik&feature=related

    PS one line is "Too many churches and not enough truth"

    Also: Her It's not that easy being green

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpLCk-t-mQ&feature=related

    Covering:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDnTURhZXJo&feature=related

    of which this is a duet with Ray Charles

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5rceMe-kt4&feature=related
  4. 01 Sep '11 21:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    I don't know about awesome, but I'm glad they were done.

    Sophie Milman Undun

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgbWlm8j0c

    Covering:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_gxQt-bhik&feature=related

    PS one line is "Too many churches and not enough truth"

    Also: Her It's not that easy being green

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpLCk-t-mQ&feature=rel ...[text shortened]... is is a duet with Ray Charles

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5rceMe-kt4&feature=related
    While I'm on a roll:

    Bye Bye Love

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bthm6uZztd4&feature=related

    covering

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFoIdxLBm_A
  5. 01 Sep '11 23:47
    Originally posted by JS357
    While I'm on a roll:

    Bye Bye Love

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bthm6uZztd4&feature=related

    covering

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFoIdxLBm_A
    meh, she was ok, but lacked emotion, India Arie moves me man!
  6. 01 Sep '11 23:47
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails.
    interesting version.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Sep '11 01:36
    Peter Gabriel's "Scratch My Back" album from 2010.
  8. 02 Sep '11 03:51 / 2 edits
    putting on the ritz- Rufus Wainwright

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Lq_Sroju8

    i am bias though, everything rufus does is gold - if i was gay...

    he was in london in july (i missed it) i'm not missing this... http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=12534

    watched him live in oxford a year ago, simply an amazing talent.
  9. 02 Sep '11 06:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    meh, she was ok, but lacked emotion, India Arie moves me man!
    whatever floats your boat, man.

    Here's a good link:

    http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_coversongs.html
  10. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    02 Sep '11 19:31
    Mexican Institute of Sound do a fantastic version of Verve's 'Bittersweet Symphony'. I didn't really take to the original, but in Mexican it rocks.
  11. 03 Sep '11 08:05
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Mexican Institute of Sound do a fantastic version of Verve's 'Bittersweet Symphony'. I didn't really take to the original, but in Mexican it rocks.
    is this it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Ql4Z8NT14
  12. 03 Sep '11 08:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Peter Gabriel's "Scratch My Back" album from 2010.
    mmm, interesting, these days i find myself more inclined to warm to a female vocalist. Now while it may seems somewhat controversial, perhaps even clichéd, they seems to me to be able to express a broader spectrum of emotion and personal intimacy than their male counter parts, who seem to me for the most to be quite cerebral.
  13. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    03 Sep '11 09:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    is this it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Ql4Z8NT14
    That's the one! I prefer the video with the cowboy on the inflatable guitar and the two hot chicks imitating the original verve video though.
  14. 03 Sep '11 19:51
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    That's the one! I prefer the video with the cowboy on the inflatable guitar and the two hot chicks imitating the original verve video though.
    my kids got one of those inflatable guitars, maybe well do a youtube video. Anyhow, check this out, Eric Johnson covers Becks bolero, recorded initially by Jeff Beck, written by Jimmy Page, its simply virtuoso, surpasses Becks original in my estimation, although perhaps lacks the raw power that Beck managed to capture in the original.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjvW_FH9fs&feature=related
  15. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Fortnite Kid
    06 Sep '11 02:03
    All along the watchtower by Jimi (had to mention that, he turned a three chord song into a beautiful trainwreck)