1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 May '09 08:14
    the beatles original drummer pete best was replaced by ringo ,ofcourse. i've read many rumors on to why but does anybody know the real reason? was a ringo a "better" drummer or was it chemistry w/ the band? any insight would be helpful.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 May '09 10:11
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    the beatles original drummer pete best was replaced by ringo ,ofcourse. i've read many rumors on to why but does anybody know the real reason? was a ringo a "better" drummer or was it chemistry w/ the band? any insight would be helpful.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Best#Dismissal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Best#Reasons_for_Best.27s_dismissal
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 May '09 13:25
    Ringo was a better drummer.

Simples.
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    10 May '09 17:12
    Ringo was consider the better drummer, but later on Paul became the best drummer, but it was hard playing bass, and drums at the same time. Ringo must be the luckiest musician ever to end up being one of the Beatles. I hear that once Paul, and Ringo die Pete Best is planning on starting the old band back up again. Branson is building a new theatre right now so that Pete can put the new Beatles featuring Pete Best in after the death of the remaining Fab Four.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 May '09 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    Ringo was consider the better drummer, but later on Paul became the best drummer, but it was hard playing bass, and drums at the same time. Ringo must be the luckiest musician ever to end up being one of the Beatles. I hear that once Paul, and Ringo die Pete Best is planning on starting the old band back up again. Branson is building a new theatre right now s ...[text shortened]... t Pete can put the new Beatles featuring Pete Best in after the death of the remaining Fab Four.
    Didn't Paul play drums with Steve Miller on the My Dark Hour track?

Checked - he played bass on that fine tune.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    10 May '09 18:01
    Ringo was better.

whats the point of this thread? are you trying to undermine the contributions to music of one of the fab four?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    10 May '09 18:02
    "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles"

a sad, but true quote.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 May '09 22:51
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Ringo was better.

whats the point of this thread? are you trying to undermine the contributions to music of one of the fab four?
    whats the point? pretty self-explanatory. why was Peter Best replaced by Richard Starkey ?........"Heres your sign" 🙂
  9. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    11 May '09 19:52
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    "Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles"

a sad, but true quote.
    That's a classic Lennon quote, witty and acerbic. Unfortunately, most people don't realize he was joking.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 May '09 05:38
    Lennon loved few things more than tweaking those who mindlessly write down quotes. He probably loved tweaking those who read and believed them more, though.
  11. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '09 00:07
    George Martin claims that Pete could not keep in tune and wanted a session drummer to come in for Love Me Do. The other Beatles were thinking along the same lines and all wanted Ringo in (he had the Beatles' look). But, George Martin was equally dissapointed by Ringo who, in reality, was worse than Pete. A session drummer plays on Love Me Do - Ringo plays the tambourine only.

Paul McCartney actually plays drums on several well known Beatles' recordings. Hence John Lennon's quip in answer to the question: Is Ringo the best drummer in the world? Lennon replied: he is not even the best drummer in the Beatles.
  12. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    21 May '09 21:05
    Originally posted by znsho
    George Martin was equally dissapointed by Ringo who, in reality, was worse than Pete.
    I've actually opened for Pete Best, and he's not very good at all. Ringo was and is miles ahead.
  13. e4
    Moves
    22 May '09 00:09
    What Beatles No.1 single did Paul play drums on?

Reveal Hidden Content
    It is also one of the few Number Ones that does not mention the title of the song in the actual song.

Reveal Hidden Content
    The Ballad of John and Yoko
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 May '09 00:401 edit
    The Ballad of John and Yoko.

Edit: lol now I see the tags, whatever they are...but I knew the answer anyway. 🙂
  15. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '09 20:34
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I've actually opened for Pete Best, and he's not very good at all. Ringo was and is miles ahead.
    I am not so sure about 'was' but perhaps is is correct.

The best drumming by Ringo is on Rain (assuming, of course, that he did drum on Rain).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree