1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '09 20:37
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I've actually opened for Pete Best, and he's not very good at all. Ringo was and is miles ahead.
    What do you mean, opened for Pete Best?
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    22 May '09 20:50
    Originally posted by znsho
    What do you mean, opened for Pete Best?
    I play in a band, and we opened for The Pete Best Band at a local club about two years ago. He still plays gigs all over the world, although he's getting pretty old now so I don't think he globe-trots quite as much as he used to. He definitely doesn't need the money, he just does it for fun. He's a really friendly guy, kind of like a nice old uncle. His band is actually quite good, but here's the kicker - there are two drummers on stage! The other drummer is his relative (my guitar player knows the story inside out, but I'm terrible with names/dates/people/places/faces/etc...he's something strange like Pete's half-brother/nephew, and the whole relationship is tied up with Apple Records too), and he's not bad, but there you go.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '09 21:14
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I play in a band, and we opened for The Pete Best Band at a local club about two years ago. He still plays gigs all over the world, although he's getting pretty old now so I don't think he globe-trots quite as much as he used to. He definitely doesn't need the money, he just does it for fun. He's a really friendly guy, kind of like a nice old uncle. His ban ...[text shortened]... le relationship is tied up with Apple Records too), and he's not bad, but there you go.
    I have met Pete Best as well and seen his band (with dual drummers; yes, I believe his half-brother, the other drummer, is somehow related to one of the Beatles or Beatles management).

Mediocre or not, I am pleased he has finally found some recognition on the music scene. It should not be forgotten, his mother, Mona, played a big part at getting the Beatles recognised and Pete was with the others throughout the 2 years Hamburg gigs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree