1. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 21:34
    Doesnt mean a whole lot coming from a rap fan, but they honestly do.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 00:10
    Originally posted by Rapidfyre
    You're right, doesn't mean a thing. But you have an opinion, I'm SO happy for you!!😴
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:38
    Since rap cannot be remotely defined as music, I can see your point.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:45
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Amazing! 🙂 Loved that post!
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:45
    Tell that to my brother. Just make sure you have life insurance first.
  6. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 03:22
    Can't spell CRAP without RAP.

np
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 05:29
    Well the Beatles and 50cent both hold the record for having the most number of singles on the American Billboard Top 50 at the same time I think. I think the number is 4.

Personally I just think the standard of everything in this world is deteriorating and it is represented by the standard of music. In 30 years no one will remember the current "stars" and yet they will still be playing the Beatles.

I blame the fact that 14 year olds now have buying power and they drive the music industry and of course rebellious teenagers are going to be attracted to a music genre that promotes sex, drug addiction and violence. Pretty much what happened in the 50's when Rock 'n Roll became the music of the 18 - 22 generation.

Just think - in a few years we might all be getting down to Barney's I love you, you love me and the theme tune to To-gi-oh.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 08:16
    During the week of 4 April 1964, The Beatles held twelve positions on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, including the top five positions. Neither 50cent nor anyone else has come close nor is likely to come close to that feat.
  9. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 13:48
    Originally posted by Badwater
    During the week of 4 April 1964, The Beatles held twelve positions on Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, including the top five positions. Neither 50cent nor anyone else has come close nor is likely to come close to that feat.
    Good,

I was quite insulted when I heard that. Couldn't be bothered to investigate though 🙂

Thanks,
  10. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 23:36
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Then you must be a blind liar. 😛
  11. In your face
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by RDM
    Well the Beatles and 50cent both hold the record for having the most number of singles on the American Billboard Top 50 at the same time I think. I think the number is 4.

Personally I just think the standard of everything in this world is deteriorating and it is represented by the standard of music. In 30 years no one will remember the current "stars" and ye ght all be getting down to Barney's I love you, you love me and the theme tune to To-gi-oh.
    Toooooo-gi -ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    oooohhhhhhhh
    agggggggghhhhh

Tooooooooooo-gi ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kind of infectious. I like it!

EDIT: Am;G;F;G;Am
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 01:11
    Originally posted by RDM

Personally I just think the standard of everything in this world is deteriorating and it is represented by the standard of music. In 30 years no one will remember the current "stars" and ye ...[text shortened]... ght all be getting down to Barney's I love you, you love me and the theme tune to To-gi-oh.
    You might want to consider that the Beatles are very much a part of this "deterioration" 🙂

All is not lost however. If you're interested in a high standard, you can always look to New Music and Creative Improvised Music.
  13. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 01:41
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Tell that to my brother. Just make sure you have life insurance first.
    Thanks. I hate insurance salesmen.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 22:59
    Originally posted by RDM

Personally I just think the standard of everything in this world is deteriorating and it is represented by the standard of music. In 30 years no one will remember the current "stars" and ye ...[text shortened]... ght all be getting down to Barney's I love you, you love me and the theme tune to To-gi-oh.
    We still remember the Beatles, the Stones, Sinatra, even Mozart.
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 01:19
    It may be difficult for some today to grasp what they really did. As an avid guitar man I was very unimpressed with the ease of their songs while learning guitar, but as I matured I realized how immature an opinion that was. That had nothing to do with what they accomplished. Perhaps its an awakening you must find on your own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree