Buddy Holly

SubscriberJS357
Culture 30 Jun '11 01:12
  1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 01:12
    Any thought on the new cover album? Or on the idea, that I heard, that he was where American R&R might have been going (instead of into novelty music like "Get a Job"😉? Or due in part to his demise, it was left a vacuum to be taken on by such as the Beatles? I not am dissing the Beatles.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 22:47
    Originally posted by JS357
    Any thought on the new cover album? Or on the idea, that I heard, that he was where American R&R might have been going (instead of into novelty music like "Get a Job"😉? Or due in part to his demise, it was left a vacuum to be taken on by such as the Beatles? I not am dissing the Beatles.
    Imagine if his life had not been cut short, and we were treated to a lifetime of musical output from this genius.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 11:35
    Interesting thought indeed! Same about so many who left us so young. Yet Holly was indeed a genius who might have altered the course of music greatly.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 16:09
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Interesting thought indeed! Same about so many who left us so young. Yet Holly was indeed a genius who might have altered the course of music greatly.
    I thought he did alter the course of music. I was in HS in Anchorage when he was alive and he sure was popular with the juke box crowd. That was a few months ago🙂
  5. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 18:06
    He definitely reshaped the course of music during his brief career (basically about 2 years). Just about every major act of the 60s and 70s acknowledged their debt to Holly. The Beatles and Stones both covered some of Holly's songs. In fact, Lennon chose an insect name for the group because of the Crickets (the Beatles were f/k/a the Silver Beetles).
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 06:231 edit
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    He definitely reshaped the course of music during his brief career (basically about 2 years). Just about every major act of the 60s and 70s acknowledged their debt to Holly. The Beatles and Stones both covered some of Holly's songs. In fact, Lennon chose an insect name for the group because of the Crickets (the Beatles were f/k/a the Silver Beetles).
    And also Eddie Cochran, he was good friends with all of them on the plane and was paranoid about dying in a transport accident, and tried to get out of out-of-town gigs, but was talked into a gig in London. At the age of 22, he was killed in a taxi ride where a tire blew out and the driver lost control, Eddie tried to cover his gf in the car and was thrown out of an open door and died the next day.

Remember "There ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree