1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    20 Feb '20 14:10
    If you watch TV and don't zip past the commercials, your brain will be "dumbed down" ..if you have a high degree of culture, you watch only documentaries and science shows. like I do..
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Feb '20 14:31
    @ogb said
    If you watch TV and don't zip past the commercials, your brain will be "dumbed down" ..if you have a high degree of culture, you watch only documentaries and science shows. like I do..
    I can't say I know what is this "commercial TV" you mention.

Most of my "TV" viewing is done on Netflix. No commercials.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 05:211 edit
    @ogb said
    IMHO - TV commercials are what the mute button is designed for. With the exception of a few select sports events every year such as the Wimbledon singles finals, I watch very little TV, instead I'm at the chessboard, getting ready for some upcoming OTB events.

Not sure where that ranks on the culture scale. 😏
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:38
    @ogb said
    Apart from Star Trek and Big Bang Theory/Young Sheldon, commercial tv is a wasteland. I don't watch anything else.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 18:45
    @moonbus said
    Big Bang Theory/Young Sheldon
    Really? Really!?

Geez. How middle-manager can you get...
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 21:23
    @Shallow-Blue

Hey, I'm 65 and got a crush on Kaley Cuoco. What can I say? You should be so lucky to fall in love with someone totally unreachable, all over again, at my age.
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 01:39
    @moonbus

I've seen three famous actresses in my life, in person, and they don't look anywhere as good w/o all that make-up. And they are way short, too.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 08:371 edit
    @ogb said
    @moonbus

I've seen three famous actresses in my life, in person, and they don't look anywhere as good w/o all that make-up. And they are way short, too.
    You think I don't know that? The most delicious infatuation is with someone you know you'll never reach. It's like my first crush in high school: she was a cheerleader, I was a computer nerd in the chess club. I was invisible. I could stare at her and she didn't even know I existed.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 10:48
    @moonbus said
    @Shallow-Blue

Hey, I'm 65 and got a crush on Kaley Cuoco. What can I say? You should be so lucky to fall in love with someone totally unreachable, all over again, at my age.
    You could do worse, as crushes go.

Way worse.
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 10:59
    @moonbus said
    @Shallow-Blue

I'm with you bro
    she's a beauty
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 16:21
    @moonbus said
    You think I don't know that? The most delicious infatuation is with someone you know you'll never reach. It's like my first crush in high school: she was a cheerleader, I was a computer nerd in the chess club. I was invisible. I could stare at her and she didn't even know I existed.
    I could stare at her and she didn't even know I existed.

I can relate. I had some modest success on the sports scene in high school, so had a few social points in my favor, but was so awkward and tongue tied around girls, they didn't if care if I existed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree