Culture

Culture

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 19
1 edit

Is there a cure for today’s victim culture? | Michael Ramsden
53 minutes 30 sec

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
[youtube]9g1GzId_HKc[/youtube]

53 minutes 30 sec
I think I should have said he covers three types of cultures:
Honor
Dignity
Victim

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
[youtube]9g1GzId_HKc[/youtube]

53 minutes 30 sec
I do not believe in a "victim culture".

In today's world, there are definitely victims.

To ignore this and claim that victims weren't really victims and only want to "take advantage" themselves and therefore you make the victim the perpetrator. You therefore protect the actual perpetrators and deny the actual victims. This is obscene.

It's also contrary to Jesus' teaching, Kelly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 19

@suzianne said

To ignore this and claim that victims weren't really victims and only want to "take advantage" themselves and therefore you make the victim the perpetrator. You therefore protect the actual perpetrators and deny the actual victims. This is obscene.

Are you just going to say you don't believe in it, or watch it and tell me what you think? No one is saying there are not victims, that is not the point he is making, quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 19

@suzianne said

You know of all the people here, your opinion would be the one I'd love to hear the most and I'm not kidding!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Are you just going to say you don't believe in it, or watch it and tell me what you think? No one is saying there are not victims, that is not the point he is making, quite the opposite as a matter of fact.
So now you're going to devolve into the standard conservative claptrap that "calling yourself a victim is demeaning to actual victims"?

Not buying it. That's just an excuse to keep from helping victims.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You know of all the people here, your opinion would be the one I'd love to hear the most and I'm not kidding!
You should have started with not mentioning "victim culture". It doesn't exist.

It is merely "trigger-word" code to activate the conservatives in your audience.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jul 19

@suzianne said
You should have started with not mentioning "victim culture". It doesn't exist.

It is merely "trigger-word" code to activate the conservatives in your audience.
Did you watch it?

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
15 Jul 19

@KellyJay

no

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
@KellyJay

no
How do I know your not one of those secret video watching posters who watch the videos and refuse to acknowledge them, hmm, hmm, tell how do I know!? 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Did you watch it?
No, I did not.

I'm not a conservative, Kelly.

I will watch this, though, and for one reason. I'll watch it with the stopwatch running and tell you exactly how long it took me to become offended by it and stop watching, because I fully expect it to be exactly what I've said it was. Conservative dog-whistling.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 19
1 edit

I will say I'm now 5 min in, and I am still watching it, and I'm not dodging this, but I need to watch it later when I can devote some attention to it. The guy tells a lot of "stories". I'll get back to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 19

@suzianne said
I will say I'm now 5 min in, and I am still watching it, and I'm not dodging this, but I need to watch it later when I can devote some attention to it. The guy tells a lot of "stories". I'll get back to you.
Thank you sister!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
No, I did not.

I'm not a conservative, Kelly.

I will watch this, though, and for one reason. I'll watch it with the stopwatch running and tell you exactly how long it took me to become offended by it and stop watching, because I fully expect it to be exactly what I've said it was. Conservative dog-whistling.
Have you had time to watch it yet? If you did and hated it, you can share that, if you did and you liked it I'd like to hear that too. If you didn't I will stop asking, if you want no part of it. Don't want to be bugging you about something you don't intend to watch.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Have you had time to watch it yet? If you did and hated it, you can share that, if you did and you liked it I'd like to hear that too. If you didn't I will stop asking, if you want no part of it. Don't want to be bugging you about something you don't intend to watch.
Patience, Kelly. I'll need to give this some time when I am not busy with a zillion other things.