1. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 14:28
    Incredibly talented artist, though he definitely went through a lean creative patch in the mid to late 80s.

My fave songs:

"Heroes", Ashes to Ashes, Fame, Golden Years, Moonage Daydream, The Bewlay Brothers, Changes, The Man Who Sold the World, All the Madmen, Rock'n'Roll Suicide, Rebel Rebel, Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise), It's No Game (pts 1&2), Thursday's Child, Joe the Lion, Stay, Station to Station, Sorrow, Space Oddity, All the Young Dudes, Speed of Life, Be My Wife, Weeping Wall, Moss Garden, Blackout, Battle for Britain, DJ, Quicksand...ok, that'll do to start.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 14:43
    The whole Ziggy Stardust is a piece of art!

🙂
  3. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 21:50
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    Incredibly talented artist, though he definitely went through a lean creative patch in the mid to late 80s.

My fave songs:

"Heroes", Ashes to Ashes, Fame, Golden Years, Moonage Daydream, The Bewlay Brothers, Changes, The Man Who Sold the World, All the Madmen, Rock'n'Roll Suicide, Rebel Rebel, Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise), It's No Ga ...[text shortened]... Wall, Moss Garden, Blackout, Battle for Britain, DJ, Quicksand...ok, that'll do to start.
    What? No China Girl?
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 02:35
    Certainly Iggy's version of China Girl is the better one? Of course Bowie was on board the greatest of the Iggy solo albums.
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 05:11
    Bowie always seems to be 1 step ahead of where music is.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 14:112 edits
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Certainly Iggy's version of China Girl is the better one? Of course Bowie was on board the greatest of the Iggy solo albums.
    Bowie and Iggy had a real synergy during those years and the story of Bowie's courtship of Iggy and their resulting friendship is always a great one to read about. And while Iggy's version may be the better listen, I would say that Bowie is as responsible for that as Iggy himself.

What I love most about Bowie and Iggy is that Bowie is one of the few in the world who calls Iggy 'Jim', his real name. 😀
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 14:14
    Man, is there some sort of bio that you can recommend?

You sound informed! 🙂
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 14:17
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Man, is there some sort of bio that you can recommend?

You sound informed! 🙂
    There are tons around. This one is one of my personal favourites:

http://www.amazon.com/Please-Kill-Me-Uncensored-Evergreen/dp/0802142648/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205158540&sr=8-1
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 14:26
    Sweet, thanks!
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 15:59
    I look forward to the movie based on his Stooges period called The Passenger. Stars Elijah Wood - don't know if that is a plus or not.
  11. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 16:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Bowie and Iggy had a real synergy during those years and the story of Bowie's courtship of Iggy and their resulting friendship is always a great one to read about. And while Iggy's version may be the better listen, I would say that Bowie is as responsible for that as Iggy himself.

What I love most about Bowie and Iggy is that Bowie is one of the few in the world who calls Iggy 'Jim', his real name. 😀
    Bowie and Iggy have a lot of history together. Raw Power might never have been released (not in the 70s anyway) if Bowie hadn't remixed, and though his mix has been criticised, Iggy is on record as approving it (recently at least). As far as i know there are now 3 mixes out there - Bowie's original, Iggy's original (Rough Power), and a recent remix by Iggy that it probably the best of the three.

Then there's the Berlin period - you can hear Iggy singing backing on Bowie's song What in the World. Each released two albums in 1977 - Low and "Heroes" for Bowie, The Idiot and Lust for Life for Iggy. Bowie wrote the music for The Idiot, while Iggy contributed vocals. Almost all the instruments were played by the pair.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 16:31
    I look forward to the movie based on his Stooges period called The Passenger. Stars Elijah Wood - don't know if that is a plus or not.
    Elijah Wood as Iggy Pop?!?!

PASS
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Elijah Wood as Iggy Pop?!?!

PASS
    Just you shut your mouth.....shhhhh
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 20:331 edit
    Maybe they can have than Samwise hobbit dress up as bowie so we can watch them make out like the gay hobbits they are.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 11:44
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey

My fave songs:

"Heroes", Ashes to Ashes, Fame, Golden Years, Moonage Daydream, The Bewlay Brothers, Changes, The Man Who Sold the World, All the Madmen, Rock'n'Roll Suicide, Rebel Rebel, Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise), It's No Ga ...[text shortened]... Wall, Moss Garden, Blackout, Battle for Britain, DJ, Quicksand...ok, that'll do to start.
    I agree with Geroes topping Bowie's list. I really did not care for "Let's Dance", yet it did jumpstart his career, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree