2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 13:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Scotland's finest, Dougie Maclean,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpnFEqdHI6Q&feature=related

😀
    Very nice indeed. But how does this relate to Canadians?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 19:03
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Very nice indeed. But how does this relate to Canadians?
    Well many of them are from Caledonia, originally, and the gig was held in Ontario 🙂
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 20:33
    Well many of them are from Caledonia, originally, and the gig was held in Ontario 🙂
    That's it? How come you didn't dedicate it to Bostonians and Chicagoans as well? Plenty of Celtic peoples there! I kept listening to the lyrics over and over, more and more intrigued, expecting to hear about maple leafs, maple syrup or mounties chasing criminals! Good song. Had never heard it before or actuall y paid attention if I had.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 00:21
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    That's it? How come you didn't dedicate it to Bostonians and Chicagoans as well? Plenty of Celtic peoples there! I kept listening to the lyrics over and over, more and more intrigued, expecting to hear about maple leafs, maple syrup or mounties chasing criminals! Good song. Had never heard it before or actuall y paid attention if I had.
    wow, you never heard it before, thats amazing, its been covered many times, lyrics are awesome, as for the Canadians, well, i think they deserve a special dedication for the way they have kept the Gaelic culture alive 🙂
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 04:58
    wow, you never heard it before, thats amazing, its been covered many times, lyrics are awesome, as for the Canadians, well, i think they deserve a special dedication for the way they have kept the Gaelic culture alive 🙂
    Indeed never heard it before. Celtic music is vast and even the standards don't always get great coverage in the USA. Indeed a great song. Lots of music to listen to. I'm sure I could come up with a few others might not have heard and viceversa.
    Canada is way more traditional than the USA. Here things get absorbed and something new comes out. Canadians are indeed cool for their traditions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree