Differing 2:  The Bands

Differing 2: The Bands

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Sep 10

Inspired by a recent thread - this one concerns bands who receive critical acclaim but who are actually rubbish. I'm not talking about the drivel produced by X Factor and the suchlike, but real, actual bands. For example: U2. Surely they're just crap?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
01 Sep 10

Yes.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Inspired by a recent thread - this one concerns bands who receive critical acclaim but who are actually rubbish. I'm not talking about the drivel produced by X Factor and the suchlike, but real, actual bands. For example: U2. Surely they're just crap?
U2 show that anyone can do it.
Average singing, drums and bass, however some memorable songs keep them propped up.
Remember "One" ? It was a nice tune....

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Sep 10

Dave Matthews Band

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
11 Sep 10

Nickelback.

Moves
11 Sep 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
They are now. They weren't back when Bono wasn't an attention-hungry political twerp, several decades ago. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" was strong stuff. Back then it meant something - now, a U2 single means *kerching*.

If you want a band who are truly, unmitigatedly, entirely worthless hype, you need look no further than the U2-wannabe's that are Coldplay.

Richard

K

Germany

Moves
12 Sep 10

Radiohead and Oasis

s

Moves
12 Sep 10

I've never found a Bruce Springsteen record listenable.