1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 12:28
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I think you could use a pot of KY jelly.
    Experienced?
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 18:08
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Is there any artistic value in it?

Particularly, I find it extremely contagious and the perfect match for a party night.

However, my fellow professors at the Department of Fine Arts of the University keep saying it has no artistic value, and that troubles me because I want to be accepted by the scholar community.

Should I stop arriving to my lectures skaterolling? Should I 'terminate' this groovy afro?

Discuss!
    it's still going, it's just become funky house.... basically, it's disco with a bass drum on every beat...

it will always be there... as long as you have people going on to the clubs... it's huge in ibiza and the big hot spots of the clubbing world...

it's a great style of music, alive, energentic, funky bass lines, it rules the world of dance music
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 04:16
    Disco?? PeeeeeYoooooou!!!
  4. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 05:58
    Originally posted by Mexico
    True enough, the sex pistols im not sure even class as a punk band. A better definition would be agressive boy band.

They were put together by a record company to make money (EMI)
    All were selected for their Image and not talent (Sid Vicious couldn't even play the bass)
    They made heaps of money
    They hated each other
    They spoke out about big issue topic ...[text shortened]... right too maximize cash and minimize touring time

All of which are hallmarks of a boy band
    Indeed. And when Jonny Rotten´s sneering attitude is seen on TV today (or at least a few years ago) it remins us what remote contols are used for.

Punk came about has a backlash to Disco. Well, give me disco any day of the week. Not that I dislike all proponents of punk. Those with something to say at least. Unlike the Sex Pistols.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 07:45
    Iggy kicks butt!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree