1. weedhopper
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 17:19
    Suppose you have a Cube of Force, set on "keep out all things". Suppose then that a nasty hill giant points a Decanter of Endless water at you and opens it up, full blast. You are there, smiling, safe inside your forcew field until you realize that the cube is touching a Sphere of Annihilation. I'm stumped, so does anyone know what would happen, according to the rules of the game? Thank you....
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 19:18
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Suppose you have a Cube of Force, set on "keep out all things". Suppose then that a nasty hill giant points a Decanter of Endless water at you and opens it up, full blast. You are there, smiling, safe inside your forcew field until you realize that the cube is touching a Sphere of Annihilation. I'm stumped, so does anyone know what would happen, according to the rules of the game? Thank you....
    You have to roll a 1 on an 8 sided die to save.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 19:19
    This exact situation happened in the 1997 Pacific Gamers convention (Guamicon III) during a replay of the module Comb of Horrors where the legendary lich named Rogaine is luring unsuspecting adventurers to... well, I don't want to give away any spoilers. Long story short, the combination of Decanter, Sphere, and Cube create an implosion that turn all characters inside the Cube into flumphs possessing a bonus attribute determined randomly by a 1d4 roll.

1) Add +1 to Charisma
    2) Epic Riding feat
    3) Immunity to acid reflux
    4) an M.B.A. from Harvard (add 25% to all Accountancy checks)

ps. any gamer who swears to their GM that they didn't read the module ahead of time, and that their solution of tapping the Sceptre of Minoxodil against the Crown of Bosley while it is atop the animated skull of Rogaine "just came to them" or "it seemed like the right thing to do" -- they are LIARS.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 19:57
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Comb of Horrors
    Surely it's Comb-Over of Horrors?
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 02:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Surely it's Comb-Over of Horrors?
    I knew you guys would get it.
    🙂
  6. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 02:44
    This exact situation happened in the 1997 Pacific Gamers convention (Guamicon III) during a replay of the module Comb of Horrors where the legendary lich named Rogaine is luring unsuspecting adventurers to... well, I don't want to give away any spoilers. Long story short, the combination of Decanter, Sphere, and Cube create an implosion that turn a ...[text shortened]... f Rogaine "just came to them" or "it seemed like the right thing to do" -- they are LIARS.
    shouldn't 4 there also have an negative impact on charisma or personality as well as practical knowledge based skills such as tool use?

and we're they true flumphs or the more common lesser flumph?
  7. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by Mexico
    shouldn't 4 there also have an negative impact on charisma or personality as well as practical knowledge based skills such as tool use?

and we're they true flumphs or the more common lesser flumph?
    Very good questions, but they quickly became dead flumphs when cornered and tossed into the Sphere of Annihilation, so we will never know the answers. The player whose flumph received the M.B.A from Harvard bonus succeeded on an accountancy roll and said, "My risk analysis assessment predicts a poor performance in the 4th quarter," and the DM awarded him a 10% experience point bonus for excellent role playing, but the joy was short. As his flumphy form was grabbed and tossed into the Sphere, Harvard shouted, "The scrubbing bubbles do the work so you don't have toooooooooo," just before he disappeared forever into the inky blackness.
  8. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 22:07
    Ahh but the true flumph, or greater flumph has a little used annihilation evade technique derived from its ability to disorientate its opponent using its fumphyness...... Similar to an extremely gay version of the T-2000.... This is approximated at 30% so statistically one of the flumphs should have survived and used his skill absorption D18 roll to absorb all the other flumphs generating a super flumph...... And unleashing a flumphpockalypse buriniation on all enemies in a 16X16 square radius....
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:05
    Ahh but the true flumph, or greater flumph has a little used annihilation evade technique derived from its ability to disorientate its opponent using its fumphyness...... Similar to an extremely gay version of the T-2000.... This is approximated at 30% so statistically one of the flumphs should have survived and used his skill absorption D18 roll to absorb al ...[text shortened]... ...... And unleashing a flumphpockalypse buriniation on all enemies in a 16X16 square radius....
    Wow, I did not know that! You are truly the sage of all things flumph.
  10. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:39
    Wow, I did not know that! You are truly the sage of all things flumph.
    I have little if any Idea what anything I posted means really... It's fun to write nonsense sometimes thou.....
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 06:40
    The question is not "What is the AD&D rule", but is: "What the hell are you playing AD&D for, when Warhammer fantasy role-playing and TWAK (The world as known) have far better gaming systems?"
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 07:11
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The question is not "What is the AD&D rule", but is: "What the hell are you playing AD&D for, when Warhammer fantasy role-playing and TWAK (The world as known) have far better gaming systems?"
    I think they may actually be taking the pi ss anyway....
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 08:02
    I think they may actually be taking the pi ss anyway....
    The combat system in AD&D is taking the piss... I totally agree...
  14. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 09:03
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The combat system in AD&D is taking the piss... I totally agree...
    Combat systems involving die suck invite taking the piss anyway ..... 🙄
    Unless its risk then its ok......
    Your a warhammer nerd aren't you? Its ok, my little brother is one too....
    😉

don't get offended, I just always found them all too complicated....

Except risk....
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:311 edit
    The GM wins.

Oops, sorry, DM.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree