E.T.

Standard memberlolof
Culture 13 Nov '12 18:33
  1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 14:36
    E.T. was such an inspirational film, and I'm sure a young child these days would love it. The only negative impact it had on me was to make me terrified of the FBI! I think it's important to expose children to older films and TV before they get "spoilt" by the less cerebral, more modern stuff which seems to constantly grow in popularity. Even in my thirties I know intelligent, successful people of a similar age would not be able to appreciate some of the older stuff like Close Encounters of the Third Kind, largely because the special effects are dated or because the soundtrack isn't hip enough. It's their loss (but I wish they would go somewhere far away from me).
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 16:00
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    E.T. was such an inspirational film, and I'm sure a young child these days would love it. The only negative impact it had on me was to make me terrified of the FBI! I think it's important to expose children to older films and TV before they get "spoilt" by the less cerebral, more modern stuff which seems to constantly grow in popularity. Even in my t ...[text shortened]... k isn't hip enough. It's their loss (but I wish they would go somewhere far away from me).
    Yes, and my grandson likes it a lot - maybe not as much as I do though.
    I too believe in the value of old films that were made with more love and more consideration that many of the new films. I was very impressed by Close Encounter... I had never seen anything like it before and that feeling still stays with me.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 16:11
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    ET was made of plastic of a flexible nature and run by a dwarf. As for the character fit into the movie the genius of Speilberg is that he weaves him for you to imagine where he came from and how. Disney animation is indeed the best by far, but Hannah-Barbera made excellent cartoons. My favortie DIsney animated filmm is Alice in Wonderland. Wonderful music, excellent development of the characters and does not butcher the wonderful book too badly!
    Difficult to pick a favourite but I do love Fantasia, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan and many others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree